Subject: [v2 PATCH 0/3] arch: mm, vdso: consolidate PAGE_SIZE definition

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 15:14:50 +0100

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>

Naresh noticed that the newly added usage of the PAGE_SIZE macro in
include/vdso/datapage.h introduced a build regression. I had an older
patch that I revived to have this defined through Kconfig rather than
through including asm/page.h, which is not allowed in vdso code.

The vdso patch series now has a temporary workaround, but I still want to
get this into v6.9 so we can place the hack with CONFIG_PAGE_SIZE
in the vdso.

I've applied this to the asm-generic tree already, please let me know if
there are still remaining issues. It's really close to the merge window
already, so I'd probably give this a few more days before I send a pull
request, or defer it to v6.10 if anything goes wrong.

Sorry for the delay, I was still waiting to resolve the m68k question,
but there were no further replies in the end, so I kept my original
version.

Changes from v1:

 - improve Kconfig help texts
 - remove an extraneous line in hexagon

      Arnd

Link: https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
Link: https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/

Arnd Bergmann (3):
  arch: consolidate existing CONFIG_PAGE_SIZE_*KB definitions
  arch: simplify architecture specific page size configuration
  arch: define CONFIG_PAGE_SIZE_*KB on all architectures

 arch/Kconfig                       | 92 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 arch/alpha/Kconfig                 |  1 +
 arch/alpha/include/asm/page.h      |  2 +-
 arch/arc/Kconfig                   |  3 +
 arch/arc/include/uapi/asm/page.h   |  6 +-
 arch/arm/Kconfig                   |  1 +
 arch/arm/include/asm/page.h        |  2 +-
 arch/arm64/Kconfig                 | 29 +++++-----
 arch/arm64/include/asm/page-def.h  |  2 +-
 arch/csky/Kconfig                  |  1 +
 arch/csky/include/asm/page.h       |  2 +-
 arch/hexagon/Kconfig               | 24 ++------
 arch/hexagon/include/asm/page.h    |  6 +-
 arch/loongarch/Kconfig             | 21 ++-----
 arch/loongarch/include/asm/page.h  | 10 +---
 arch/m68k/Kconfig                  |  3 +
 arch/m68k/Kconfig.cpu              |  2 +
 arch/m68k/include/asm/page.h       |  6 +-
 arch/microblaze/Kconfig            |  1 +
 arch/microblaze/include/asm/page.h |  2 +-
 arch/mips/Kconfig                  | 58 ++-----------------
 arch/mips/include/asm/page.h       | 16 +-----
 arch/nios2/Kconfig                 |  1 +
 arch/nios2/include/asm/page.h      |  2 +-
 arch/openrisc/Kconfig              |  1 +
 arch/openrisc/include/asm/page.h   |  2 +-
 arch/parisc/Kconfig                |  3 +
 arch/parisc/include/asm/page.h     | 10 +---
 arch/powerpc/Kconfig               | 31 ++--------
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/page.h    |  2 +-
 arch/riscv/Kconfig                 |  1 +
 arch/riscv/include/asm/page.h      |  2 +-
 arch/s390/Kconfig                  |  1 +
 arch/s390/include/asm/page.h       |  2 +-
 arch/sh/include/asm/page.h         | 13 +----
 arch/sh/mm/Kconfig                 | 42 ++++----------
 arch/sparc/Kconfig                 |  2 +
 arch/sparc/include/asm/page_32.h   |  2 +-
 arch/sparc/include/asm/page_64.h   |  3 +-
 arch/um/Kconfig                    |  1 +
 arch/um/include/asm/page.h         |  2 +-
 arch/x86/Kconfig                   |  1 +
 arch/x86/include/asm/page_types.h  |  2 +-
 arch/xtensa/Kconfig                |  1 +
 arch/xtensa/include/asm/page.h     |  2 +-
 scripts/gdb/linux/constants.py.in  |  2 +-
 scripts/gdb/linux/mm.py            |  2 +-
 47 files changed, 185 insertions(+), 238 deletions(-)

-- 
2.39.2

To: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
To: Vincenzo Frascino <[email-masked]>
To: Kees Cook <[email-masked]>
To: Anna-Maria Behnsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: Matt Turner <[email-masked]>
Cc: Vineet Gupta <[email-masked]>
Cc: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Cc: Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]>
Cc: Guo Ren <[email-masked]>
Cc: Brian Cain <[email-masked]>
Cc: Huacai Chen <[email-masked]>
Cc: Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]>
Cc: Michal Simek <[email-masked]>
Cc: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>
Cc: Helge Deller <[email-masked]>
Cc: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Cc: Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]>
Cc: Palmer Dabbelt <[email-masked]>
Cc: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <[email-masked]>
Cc: Andreas Larsson <[email-masked]>
Cc: Richard Weinberger <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: Max Filippov <[email-masked]>
Cc: Andy Lutomirski <[email-masked]>
Cc: Vincenzo Frascino <[email-masked]>
Cc: Jan Kiszka <[email-masked]>
Cc: Kieran Bingham <[email-masked]>
Cc: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Cc: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]