Subject: [kvm-unit-tests PATCH v9 00/31] powerpc improvements

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2024 22:28:06 +1000

Tree here
https://gitlab.com/npiggin/kvm-unit-tests/-/tree/powerpc

Since v8:
- Migration improvements merged and out of series.
- Rebased on upstream.
- Did some more splitting of patches to make review easier.
- Added a new kfail option for known failures because I add a bunch
  and I don't want to remove them but also don't want them to report
  as failing the test (at least until implementations can be improved).
- Added MMU tlb invalidation tests that trigger upstream QEMU bug.
- Added tcg/kvm host detection to help known-failure reporting.
- Fixed a few fails and marked a lot of known fails.

Thanks,
Nick

Nicholas Piggin (31):
  doc: update unittests doc
  report: Add known failure reporting option
  powerpc: Mark known failing tests as kfail
  powerpc: Update unittests for latest QEMU version
  powerpc/sprs: Specify SPRs with data rather than code
  powerpc/sprs: Avoid taking PMU interrupts caused by register fuzzing
  scripts: allow machine option to be specified in unittests.cfg
  scripts: Accommodate powerpc powernv machine differences
  powerpc: Support powernv machine with QEMU TCG
  powerpc: Fix emulator illegal instruction test for powernv
  powerpc/sprs: Test hypervisor registers on powernv machine
  powerpc: general interrupt tests
  powerpc: Add rtas stop-self support
  powerpc: Remove broken SMP exception stack setup
  powerpc: Enable page alloc operations
  powerpc: add SMP and IPI support
  powerpc: Add cpu_relax
  powerpc: Permit ACCEL=tcg,thread=single
  powerpc: Avoid using larx/stcx. in spinlocks when only one CPU is
    running
  powerpc: Add atomics tests
  powerpc: Add timebase tests
  powerpc: Add MMU support
  common/sieve: Use vmalloc.h for setup_mmu definition
  common/sieve: Support machines without MMU
  powerpc: Add sieve.c common test
  powerpc: add usermode support
  powerpc: add pmu tests
  configure: Make arch_libdir a first-class entity
  powerpc: Remove remnants of ppc64 directory and build structure
  powerpc: Add facility to query TCG or KVM host
  powerpc: gitlab CI update

 .gitlab-ci.yml                           |  30 +-
 MAINTAINERS                              |   1 -
 Makefile                                 |   2 +-
 common/sieve.c                           |  15 +-
 configure                                |  58 +-
 docs/unittests.txt                       |  19 +-
 lib/libcflat.h                           |   4 +-
 lib/{ppc64 => powerpc}/asm-offsets.c     |   9 +
 lib/{ppc64 => powerpc}/asm/asm-offsets.h |   0
 lib/powerpc/asm/atomic.h                 |   6 +
 lib/powerpc/asm/barrier.h                |  12 +
 lib/{ppc64 => powerpc}/asm/bitops.h      |   4 +-
 lib/powerpc/asm/hcall.h                  |   6 +
 lib/{ppc64 => powerpc}/asm/io.h          |   4 +-
 lib/powerpc/asm/mmu.h                    |  10 +
 lib/powerpc/asm/opal.h                   |  22 +
 lib/powerpc/asm/page.h                   |  65 +++
 lib/powerpc/asm/pgtable-hwdef.h          |  66 +++
 lib/powerpc/asm/pgtable.h                | 125 +++++
 lib/powerpc/asm/processor.h              |  66 +++
 lib/{ppc64 => powerpc}/asm/ptrace.h      |  22 +-
 lib/powerpc/asm/reg.h                    |  42 ++
 lib/powerpc/asm/rtas.h                   |   2 +
 lib/powerpc/asm/setup.h                  |   3 +-
 lib/powerpc/asm/smp.h                    |  48 +-
 lib/powerpc/asm/spinlock.h               |  11 +
 lib/powerpc/asm/stack.h                  |   3 +
 lib/{ppc64 => powerpc}/asm/vpa.h         |   0
 lib/powerpc/hcall.c                      |   4 +-
 lib/powerpc/io.c                         |  41 +-
 lib/powerpc/io.h                         |   6 +
 lib/powerpc/mmu.c                        | 283 ++++++++++
 lib/powerpc/opal-calls.S                 |  50 ++
 lib/powerpc/opal.c                       |  76 +++
 lib/powerpc/processor.c                  |  91 +++-
 lib/powerpc/rtas.c                       |  81 ++-
 lib/powerpc/setup.c                      | 192 ++++++-
 lib/powerpc/smp.c                        | 342 ++++++++++--
 lib/powerpc/spinlock.c                   |  33 ++
 lib/{ppc64 => powerpc}/stack.c           |   0
 lib/ppc64/.gitignore                     |   1 -
 lib/ppc64/asm/barrier.h                  |   9 -
 lib/ppc64/asm/handlers.h                 |   1 -
 lib/ppc64/asm/hcall.h                    |   1 -
 lib/ppc64/asm/memory_areas.h             |   6 -
 lib/ppc64/asm/page.h                     |   1 -
 lib/ppc64/asm/ppc_asm.h                  |   1 -
 lib/ppc64/asm/processor.h                |   1 -
 lib/ppc64/asm/reg.h                      |   1 -
 lib/ppc64/asm/rtas.h                     |   1 -
 lib/ppc64/asm/setup.h                    |   1 -
 lib/ppc64/asm/smp.h                      |   1 -
 lib/ppc64/asm/spinlock.h                 |   6 -
 lib/ppc64/asm/stack.h                    |  11 -
 lib/report.c                             |  33 +-
 lib/s390x/io.c                           |   1 +
 lib/s390x/uv.h                           |   1 +
 lib/vmalloc.c                            |   7 +
 lib/vmalloc.h                            |   2 +
 lib/x86/vm.h                             |   1 +
 powerpc/Makefile                         | 112 +++-
 powerpc/Makefile.common                  |  86 ---
 powerpc/Makefile.ppc64                   |  28 -
 powerpc/atomics.c                        | 375 +++++++++++++
 powerpc/cstart64.S                       |  57 +-
 powerpc/emulator.c                       |  16 +
 powerpc/interrupts.c                     | 518 ++++++++++++++++++
 powerpc/mmu.c                            | 283 ++++++++++
 powerpc/pmu.c                            | 403 ++++++++++++++
 powerpc/run                              |  44 +-
 powerpc/selftest.c                       |   4 +-
 powerpc/sieve.c                          |   1 +
 powerpc/smp.c                            | 348 ++++++++++++
 powerpc/spapr_vpa.c                      |   3 +-
 powerpc/sprs.c                           | 662 ++++++++++++++++-------
 powerpc/timebase.c                       | 331 ++++++++++++
 powerpc/tm.c                             |   6 +-
 powerpc/unittests.cfg                    |  88 ++-
 s390x/mvpg.c                             |   1 +
 s390x/selftest.c                         |   1 +
 scripts/common.bash                      |   8 +-
 scripts/runtime.bash                     |  22 +-
 x86/pmu.c                                |   1 +
 x86/pmu_lbr.c                            |   1 +
 x86/vmexit.c                             |   1 +
 x86/vmware_backdoors.c                   |   1 +
 86 files changed, 4798 insertions(+), 544 deletions(-)
 rename lib/{ppc64 => powerpc}/asm-offsets.c (91%)
 rename lib/{ppc64 => powerpc}/asm/asm-offsets.h (100%)
 create mode 100644 lib/powerpc/asm/atomic.h
 create mode 100644 lib/powerpc/asm/barrier.h
 rename lib/{ppc64 => powerpc}/asm/bitops.h (69%)
 rename lib/{ppc64 => powerpc}/asm/io.h (50%)
 create mode 100644 lib/powerpc/asm/mmu.h
 create mode 100644 lib/powerpc/asm/opal.h
 create mode 100644 lib/powerpc/asm/page.h
 create mode 100644 lib/powerpc/asm/pgtable-hwdef.h
 create mode 100644 lib/powerpc/asm/pgtable.h
 rename lib/{ppc64 => powerpc}/asm/ptrace.h (59%)
 create mode 100644 lib/powerpc/asm/spinlock.h
 rename lib/{ppc64 => powerpc}/asm/vpa.h (100%)
 create mode 100644 lib/powerpc/mmu.c
 create mode 100644 lib/powerpc/opal-calls.S
 create mode 100644 lib/powerpc/opal.c
 create mode 100644 lib/powerpc/spinlock.c
 rename lib/{ppc64 => powerpc}/stack.c (100%)
 delete mode 100644 lib/ppc64/.gitignore
 delete mode 100644 lib/ppc64/asm/barrier.h
 delete mode 100644 lib/ppc64/asm/handlers.h
 delete mode 100644 lib/ppc64/asm/hcall.h
 delete mode 100644 lib/ppc64/asm/memory_areas.h
 delete mode 100644 lib/ppc64/asm/page.h
 delete mode 100644 lib/ppc64/asm/ppc_asm.h
 delete mode 100644 lib/ppc64/asm/processor.h
 delete mode 100644 lib/ppc64/asm/reg.h
 delete mode 100644 lib/ppc64/asm/rtas.h
 delete mode 100644 lib/ppc64/asm/setup.h
 delete mode 100644 lib/ppc64/asm/smp.h
 delete mode 100644 lib/ppc64/asm/spinlock.h
 delete mode 100644 lib/ppc64/asm/stack.h
 delete mode 100644 powerpc/Makefile.common
 delete mode 100644 powerpc/Makefile.ppc64
 create mode 100644 powerpc/atomics.c
 create mode 100644 powerpc/interrupts.c
 create mode 100644 powerpc/mmu.c
 create mode 100644 powerpc/pmu.c
 create mode 120000 powerpc/sieve.c
 create mode 100644 powerpc/smp.c
 create mode 100644 powerpc/timebase.c

-- 
2.43.0