Subject: [PATCH 0/1] Convert tasklets to BH workqueues in ethernet drivers

From: Allen Pais <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2024 19:01:10 +0000

This series focuses on converting the existing implementation of
tasklets to bottom half (BH) workqueues across various Ethernet
drivers under drivers/net/ethernet/*.

Impact:
 The conversion is expected to maintain or improve the performance
of the affected drivers. It also improves the maintainability and
readability of the driver code.

Testing:
 - Conducted standard network throughput and latency benchmarks
   to ensure performance parity or improvement.
 - Ran kernel regression tests to verify that changes do not introduce new issues.

I appreciate your review and feedback on this patch series.
And additional tested would be really helpful.

Allen Pais (1):
  [RFC] ethernet: Convert from tasklet to BH workqueue

 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx4/cq.c               |  2 +-
 drivers/infiniband/hw/mlx5/cq.c               |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/alteon/acenic.c          | 26 +++----
 drivers/net/ethernet/alteon/acenic.h          |  7 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-drv.c      | 30 ++++----
 drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-i2c.c      | 16 ++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-mdio.c     | 16 ++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe-pci.c      |  4 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/amd/xgbe/xgbe.h          | 11 +--
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/cnic.c          | 19 ++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/cnic.h          |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/cadence/macb.h           |  3 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/cadence/macb_main.c      | 10 +--
 .../net/ethernet/cavium/liquidio/lio_core.c   |  4 +-
 .../net/ethernet/cavium/liquidio/lio_main.c   | 25 +++----
 .../ethernet/cavium/liquidio/lio_vf_main.c    | 10 +--
 .../ethernet/cavium/liquidio/octeon_droq.c    |  4 +-
 .../ethernet/cavium/liquidio/octeon_main.h    |  5 +-
 .../net/ethernet/cavium/octeon/octeon_mgmt.c  | 12 ++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/cavium/thunder/nic.h     |  5 +-
 .../net/ethernet/cavium/thunder/nicvf_main.c  | 24 +++----
 .../ethernet/cavium/thunder/nicvf_queues.c    |  5 +-
 .../ethernet/cavium/thunder/nicvf_queues.h    |  3 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/chelsio/cxgb/sge.c       | 19 ++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/chelsio/cxgb4/cxgb4.h    |  9 +--
 .../net/ethernet/chelsio/cxgb4/cxgb4_main.c   |  2 +-
 .../ethernet/chelsio/cxgb4/cxgb4_tc_mqprio.c  |  4 +-
 .../net/ethernet/chelsio/cxgb4/cxgb4_uld.c    |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/chelsio/cxgb4/sge.c      | 41 +++++------
 drivers/net/ethernet/chelsio/cxgb4vf/sge.c    |  6 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/dlink/sundance.c         | 41 +++++------
 .../net/ethernet/huawei/hinic/hinic_hw_cmdq.c |  2 +-
 .../net/ethernet/huawei/hinic/hinic_hw_eqs.c  | 17 +++--
 .../net/ethernet/huawei/hinic/hinic_hw_eqs.h  |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/ehea/ehea.h          |  3 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/ehea/ehea_main.c     | 14 ++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/ibmvnic.c            | 24 +++----
 drivers/net/ethernet/ibm/ibmvnic.h            |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/jme.c                    | 72 +++++++++----------
 drivers/net/ethernet/jme.h                    |  9 +--
 .../net/ethernet/marvell/mvpp2/mvpp2_main.c   |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/skge.c           | 12 ++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/skge.h           |  3 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_wed_wo.c    | 12 ++--
 drivers/net/ethernet/mediatek/mtk_wed_wo.h    |  3 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/cq.c       | 42 +++++------
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/eq.c       | 10 +--
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx4/mlx4.h     | 11 +--
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/cq.c  | 38 +++++-----
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/eq.c  | 12 ++--
 .../ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/fpga/conn.c   | 15 ++--
 .../ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/fpga/conn.h   |  3 +-
 .../net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/lib/eq.h  | 11 +--
 drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlxsw/pci.c     | 29 ++++----
 drivers/net/ethernet/micrel/ks8842.c          | 29 ++++----
 drivers/net/ethernet/micrel/ksz884x.c         | 37 +++++-----
 drivers/net/ethernet/microchip/lan743x_ptp.c  |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/natsemi/ns83820.c        | 10 +--
 drivers/net/ethernet/netronome/nfp/nfd3/dp.c  |  7 +-
 .../net/ethernet/netronome/nfp/nfd3/nfd3.h    |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/netronome/nfp/nfdk/dp.c  |  6 +-
 .../net/ethernet/netronome/nfp/nfdk/nfdk.h    |  3 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/netronome/nfp/nfp_net.h  |  4 +-
 .../ethernet/netronome/nfp/nfp_net_common.c   | 12 ++--
 .../net/ethernet/netronome/nfp/nfp_net_dp.h   |  4 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/ni/nixge.c               | 19 ++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/qlogic/qed/qed.h         |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/qlogic/qed/qed_int.c     |  6 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/qlogic/qed/qed_int.h     |  4 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/qlogic/qed/qed_main.c    | 20 +++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/sfc/falcon/farch.c       |  4 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/sfc/falcon/net_driver.h  |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/sfc/falcon/selftest.c    |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/sfc/net_driver.h         |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/sfc/selftest.c           |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/sfc/siena/farch.c        |  4 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/sfc/siena/net_driver.h   |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/sfc/siena/selftest.c     |  2 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/silan/sc92031.c          | 47 ++++++------
 drivers/net/ethernet/smsc/smc91x.c            | 16 ++---
 drivers/net/ethernet/smsc/smc91x.h            |  3 +-
 include/linux/mlx4/device.h                   |  2 +-
 include/linux/mlx5/cq.h                       |  2 +-
 83 files changed, 501 insertions(+), 473 deletions(-)

-- 
2.17.1