Subject: [PATCH v3 0/2] PCI hotplug driver fixes

From: Krishna Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2024 17:39:26 +0530

The fix of Powerpc hotplug driver (drivers/pci/hotplug/pnv_php.c)
addresses below two issues.

1. Kernel Crash during hot unplug of bridge/switch slot.

2. Bridge Support Enablement - Previously, when we do a hot-unplug
operation on a bridge slot, all the ports and devices behind the
bridge-ports would be hot-unplugged/offline, but when we do a hot-plug
operation on the same bridge slot, all the ports and devices behind the
bridge would not get hot-plugged/online. In this case, Only the first
port of the bridge gets enabled and the remaining port/devices remain
unplugged/offline.  After the fix, The hot-unplug and hot-plug
operations on the slot associated with the bridge started behaving
correctly and became in sync. Now, after the hot plug operation on the
same slot, all the bridge ports and devices behind the bridge become
hot-plugged/online/restored in the same manner as it was before the
hot-unplug operation.

Krishna Kumar (2):
  pci/hotplug/pnv_php: Fix hotplug driver crash on Powernv
  powerpc: hotplug driver bridge support

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/ppc-pci.h |  4 ++++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/pci-hotplug.c  |  5 ++---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/pci_dn.c       | 32 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/pci/hotplug/pnv_php.c      |  3 +--
 4 files changed, 39 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

Changelog:
==========

v3: 24 June 2024
  - Removed the DPC keyword from description in cover letter and
    patch2

v2: 14 May 2024
  - Used of_property_read_u32() in place of of_get_property() and
    of_read_number(). [patch2]
  - Removed some unnecessary variable and changed the function return
    type from void* to void. [patch2]
  - Removed the export declaration of
    pci_traverse_sibling_nodes_and_scan_slot() as its not needed.
    [patch2]

-- 
2.45.0