Subject: [PATCH v2 00/13] linux system call fixes

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2024 18:36:58 +0200

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>

This is a minor update to v1 of this series. If there are no new
concerns, I would like to send this as a pull request for v6.10-rc6,
which is a little late, but these are all bug fixes. Changes since
v1 are:

 - collect acks
 - minor fixes to the changelog text
 - drop mips patch that was already merged
 - drop the time32 patch that caused build failures
 - fix a kernel/sys_ni.c stub bug that was exposed by
   the compat_sys_io_pgetevents_time64 change

     Arnd
 
--- 
Original series description:

I'm working on cleanup series for Linux system call handling, trying to
unify some of the architecture specific code there among other things.

In the process, I came across a number of bugs that are ABI relevant,
so I'm trying to merge these first. I found all of these by inspection,
not by running the code, so any extra review would help. I assume some
of the issues were already caught by existing LTP tests, while for others
we could add a test. Again, I did not check what is already there.

The sync_file_range and fadvise64_64 changes on sh, csky and hexagon
are likely to also require changes in the libc implementation.

Once the patches are reviewed, I plan to merge my changes as bugfixes
through the asm-generic tree, but architecture maintainers can also
pick them up directly to speed up the bugfix.

Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: Helge Deller <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: "David S. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Andreas Larsson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Cc: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Cc: Christophe Leroy <[email-masked]>
Cc: Naveen N. Rao <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: Brian Cain <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: Guo Ren <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: Heiko Carstens <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: Rich Felker <[email-masked]>
Cc: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: "H. Peter Anvin" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Alexander Viro <[email-masked]>
Cc: Christian Brauner <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Arnd Bergmann (13):
  ftruncate: pass a signed offset
  syscalls: fix compat_sys_io_pgetevents_time64 usage
  sparc: fix old compat_sys_select()
  sparc: fix compat recv/recvfrom syscalls
  parisc: use correct compat recv/recvfrom syscalls
  parisc: use generic sys_fanotify_mark implementation
  powerpc: restore some missing spu syscalls
  sh: rework sync_file_range ABI
  csky, hexagon: fix broken sys_sync_file_range
  hexagon: fix fadvise64_64 calling conventions
  s390: remove native mmap2() syscall
  syscalls: mmap(): use unsigned offset type consistently
  linux/syscalls.h: add missing __user annotations

 arch/arm64/include/asm/unistd32.h         |   2 +-
 arch/csky/include/uapi/asm/unistd.h       |   1 +
 arch/csky/kernel/syscall.c                |   2 +-
 arch/hexagon/include/asm/syscalls.h       |   6 +
 arch/hexagon/include/uapi/asm/unistd.h    |   1 +
 arch/hexagon/kernel/syscalltab.c          |   7 +
 arch/loongarch/kernel/syscall.c           |   2 +-
 arch/microblaze/kernel/sys_microblaze.c   |   2 +-
 arch/mips/kernel/syscalls/syscall_n32.tbl |   2 +-
 arch/mips/kernel/syscalls/syscall_o32.tbl |   2 +-
 arch/parisc/Kconfig                       |   1 +
 arch/parisc/kernel/sys_parisc32.c         |   9 -
 arch/parisc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl   |   6 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl  |   6 +-
 arch/riscv/kernel/sys_riscv.c             |   4 +-
 arch/s390/kernel/syscall.c                |  27 ---
 arch/s390/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl     |   2 +-
 arch/sh/kernel/sys_sh32.c                 |  11 ++
 arch/sh/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl       |   3 +-
 arch/sparc/kernel/sys32.S                 | 221 ----------------------
 arch/sparc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl    |   8 +-
 arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_32.tbl    |   2 +-
 fs/open.c                                 |   4 +-
 include/asm-generic/syscalls.h            |   2 +-
 include/linux/compat.h                    |   2 +-
 include/linux/syscalls.h                  |  20 +-
 include/uapi/asm-generic/unistd.h         |   2 +-
 kernel/sys_ni.c                           |   2 +-
 28 files changed, 67 insertions(+), 292 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/hexagon/include/asm/syscalls.h

-- 
2.39.2