Subject: [PATCH v2 02/13] syscalls: fix compat_sys_io_pgetevents_time64 usage

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2024 18:37:00 +0200

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>

Using sys_io_pgetevents() as the entry point for compat mode tasks
works almost correctly, but misses the sign extension for the min_nr
and nr arguments.

This was addressed on parisc by switching to
compat_sys_io_pgetevents_time64() in commit 6431e92fc827 ("parisc:
io_pgetevents_time64() needs compat syscall in 32-bit compat mode"),
as well as by using more sophisticated system call wrappers on x86 and
s390. However, arm64, mips, powerpc, sparc and riscv still have the
same bug.

Change all of them over to use compat_sys_io_pgetevents_time64()
like parisc already does. This was clearly the intention when the
function was originally added, but it got hooked up incorrectly in
the tables.

Cc: [email-masked]
Fixes: 48166e6ea47d ("y2038: add 64-bit time_t syscalls to all 32-bit architectures")
Acked-by: Heiko Carstens <[email-masked]> # s390
Signed-off-by: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
---
v2: fix kernel/sys_ni.c which was previously broken only on
parisc. found by kernel build bot.
---
 arch/arm64/include/asm/unistd32.h         | 2 +-
 arch/mips/kernel/syscalls/syscall_n32.tbl | 2 +-
 arch/mips/kernel/syscalls/syscall_o32.tbl | 2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl  | 2 +-
 arch/s390/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl     | 2 +-
 arch/sparc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl    | 2 +-
 arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_32.tbl    | 2 +-
 include/uapi/asm-generic/unistd.h         | 2 +-
 kernel/sys_ni.c                           | 2 +-
 9 files changed, 9 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

diff --git a/arch/arm64/include/asm/unistd32.h b/arch/arm64/include/asm/unistd32.h
index 266b96acc014..1386e8e751f2 100644
--- a/arch/arm64/include/asm/unistd32.h
+++ b/arch/arm64/include/asm/unistd32.h
@@ -840,7 +840,7 @@ __SYSCALL(__NR_pselect6_time64, compat_sys_pselect6_time64)
 #define __NR_ppoll_time64 414
 __SYSCALL(__NR_ppoll_time64, compat_sys_ppoll_time64)
 #define __NR_io_pgetevents_time64 416
-__SYSCALL(__NR_io_pgetevents_time64, sys_io_pgetevents)
+__SYSCALL(__NR_io_pgetevents_time64, compat_sys_io_pgetevents_time64)
 #define __NR_recvmmsg_time64 417
 __SYSCALL(__NR_recvmmsg_time64, compat_sys_recvmmsg_time64)
 #define __NR_mq_timedsend_time64 418
diff --git a/arch/mips/kernel/syscalls/syscall_n32.tbl b/arch/mips/kernel/syscalls/syscall_n32.tbl
index cc869f5d5693..953f5b7dc723 100644
--- a/arch/mips/kernel/syscalls/syscall_n32.tbl
+++ b/arch/mips/kernel/syscalls/syscall_n32.tbl
@@ -354,7 +354,7 @@
 412	n32	utimensat_time64		sys_utimensat
 413	n32	pselect6_time64			compat_sys_pselect6_time64
 414	n32	ppoll_time64			compat_sys_ppoll_time64
-416	n32	io_pgetevents_time64		sys_io_pgetevents
+416	n32	io_pgetevents_time64		compat_sys_io_pgetevents_time64
 417	n32	recvmmsg_time64			compat_sys_recvmmsg_time64
 418	n32	mq_timedsend_time64		sys_mq_timedsend
 419	n32	mq_timedreceive_time64		sys_mq_timedreceive
diff --git a/arch/mips/kernel/syscalls/syscall_o32.tbl b/arch/mips/kernel/syscalls/syscall_o32.tbl
index 008ebe60263e..85751c9b9cdb 100644
--- a/arch/mips/kernel/syscalls/syscall_o32.tbl
+++ b/arch/mips/kernel/syscalls/syscall_o32.tbl
@@ -403,7 +403,7 @@
 412	o32	utimensat_time64		sys_utimensat			sys_utimensat
 413	o32	pselect6_time64			sys_pselect6			compat_sys_pselect6_time64
 414	o32	ppoll_time64			sys_ppoll			compat_sys_ppoll_time64
-416	o32	io_pgetevents_time64		sys_io_pgetevents		sys_io_pgetevents
+416	o32	io_pgetevents_time64		sys_io_pgetevents		compat_sys_io_pgetevents_time64
 417	o32	recvmmsg_time64			sys_recvmmsg			compat_sys_recvmmsg_time64
 418	o32	mq_timedsend_time64		sys_mq_timedsend		sys_mq_timedsend
 419	o32	mq_timedreceive_time64		sys_mq_timedreceive		sys_mq_timedreceive
diff --git a/arch/powerpc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl b/arch/powerpc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl
index 3656f1ca7a21..c6b0546b284d 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl
@@ -502,7 +502,7 @@
 412	32	utimensat_time64		sys_utimensat			sys_utimensat
 413	32	pselect6_time64			sys_pselect6			compat_sys_pselect6_time64
 414	32	ppoll_time64			sys_ppoll			compat_sys_ppoll_time64
-416	32	io_pgetevents_time64		sys_io_pgetevents		sys_io_pgetevents
+416	32	io_pgetevents_time64		sys_io_pgetevents		compat_sys_io_pgetevents_time64
 417	32	recvmmsg_time64			sys_recvmmsg			compat_sys_recvmmsg_time64
 418	32	mq_timedsend_time64		sys_mq_timedsend		sys_mq_timedsend
 419	32	mq_timedreceive_time64		sys_mq_timedreceive		sys_mq_timedreceive
diff --git a/arch/s390/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl b/arch/s390/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl
index bd0fee24ad10..01071182763e 100644
--- a/arch/s390/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl
+++ b/arch/s390/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl
@@ -418,7 +418,7 @@
 412	32	utimensat_time64	-				sys_utimensat
 413	32	pselect6_time64		-				compat_sys_pselect6_time64
 414	32	ppoll_time64		-				compat_sys_ppoll_time64
-416	32	io_pgetevents_time64	-				sys_io_pgetevents
+416	32	io_pgetevents_time64	-				compat_sys_io_pgetevents_time64
 417	32	recvmmsg_time64		-				compat_sys_recvmmsg_time64
 418	32	mq_timedsend_time64	-				sys_mq_timedsend
 419	32	mq_timedreceive_time64	-				sys_mq_timedreceive
diff --git a/arch/sparc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl b/arch/sparc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl
index ac6c281ccfe0..b354139b40be 100644
--- a/arch/sparc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl
+++ b/arch/sparc/kernel/syscalls/syscall.tbl
@@ -461,7 +461,7 @@
 412	32	utimensat_time64		sys_utimensat			sys_utimensat
 413	32	pselect6_time64			sys_pselect6			compat_sys_pselect6_time64
 414	32	ppoll_time64			sys_ppoll			compat_sys_ppoll_time64
-416	32	io_pgetevents_time64		sys_io_pgetevents		sys_io_pgetevents
+416	32	io_pgetevents_time64		sys_io_pgetevents		compat_sys_io_pgetevents_time64
 417	32	recvmmsg_time64			sys_recvmmsg			compat_sys_recvmmsg_time64
 418	32	mq_timedsend_time64		sys_mq_timedsend		sys_mq_timedsend
 419	32	mq_timedreceive_time64		sys_mq_timedreceive		sys_mq_timedreceive
diff --git a/arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_32.tbl b/arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_32.tbl
index 7fd1f57ad3d3..d6ebcab1d8b2 100644
--- a/arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_32.tbl
+++ b/arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_32.tbl
@@ -420,7 +420,7 @@
 412	i386	utimensat_time64	sys_utimensat
 413	i386	pselect6_time64		sys_pselect6			compat_sys_pselect6_time64
 414	i386	ppoll_time64		sys_ppoll			compat_sys_ppoll_time64
-416	i386	io_pgetevents_time64	sys_io_pgetevents
+416	i386	io_pgetevents_time64	sys_io_pgetevents		compat_sys_io_pgetevents_time64
 417	i386	recvmmsg_time64		sys_recvmmsg			compat_sys_recvmmsg_time64
 418	i386	mq_timedsend_time64	sys_mq_timedsend
 419	i386	mq_timedreceive_time64	sys_mq_timedreceive
diff --git a/include/uapi/asm-generic/unistd.h b/include/uapi/asm-generic/unistd.h
index d983c48a3b6a..3fdaa573d661 100644
--- a/include/uapi/asm-generic/unistd.h
+++ b/include/uapi/asm-generic/unistd.h
@@ -737,7 +737,7 @@ __SC_COMP(__NR_pselect6_time64, sys_pselect6, compat_sys_pselect6_time64)
 #define __NR_ppoll_time64 414
 __SC_COMP(__NR_ppoll_time64, sys_ppoll, compat_sys_ppoll_time64)
 #define __NR_io_pgetevents_time64 416
-__SYSCALL(__NR_io_pgetevents_time64, sys_io_pgetevents)
+__SYSCALL(__NR_io_pgetevents_time64, sys_io_pgetevents, compat_sys_io_pgetevents_time64)
 #define __NR_recvmmsg_time64 417
 __SC_COMP(__NR_recvmmsg_time64, sys_recvmmsg, compat_sys_recvmmsg_time64)
 #define __NR_mq_timedsend_time64 418
diff --git a/kernel/sys_ni.c b/kernel/sys_ni.c
index d7eee421d4bc..b696b85ac63e 100644
--- a/kernel/sys_ni.c
+++ b/kernel/sys_ni.c
@@ -46,8 +46,8 @@ COND_SYSCALL(io_getevents_time32);
 COND_SYSCALL(io_getevents);
 COND_SYSCALL(io_pgetevents_time32);
 COND_SYSCALL(io_pgetevents);
-COND_SYSCALL_COMPAT(io_pgetevents_time32);
 COND_SYSCALL_COMPAT(io_pgetevents);
+COND_SYSCALL_COMPAT(io_pgetevents_time64);
 COND_SYSCALL(io_uring_setup);
 COND_SYSCALL(io_uring_enter);
 COND_SYSCALL(io_uring_register);
-- 
2.39.2