Subject: [PATCH 00/11] Wire up CRC-T10DIF library functions to arch-optimized code

From: Eric Biggers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2024 16:22:33 -0800

This patchset is also available in git via:

    git fetch https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiggers/linux.git crc-t10dif-lib-v1

This patchset updates the kernel's CRC-T10DIF library functions to be
directly optimized for x86, arm, arm64, and powerpc without taking an
unnecessary and inefficient detour through the crypto API.  It follows
the same approach that I'm taking for CRC32 in the patchset
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-crypto/[email-masked]

This patchset also adds a CRC KUnit test suite that covers multiple CRC
variants, and deletes some older ad-hoc tests that are obsoleted by it.

This patchset has several dependencies including my CRC32 patchset and
patches queued in several trees for 6.13.  It can be retrieved from git
using the command given above.  This is targeting 6.14.

Eric Biggers (11):
  lib/crc-t10dif: stop wrapping the crypto API
  lib/crc-t10dif: add support for arch overrides
  crypto: crct10dif - expose arch-optimized lib function
  x86/crc-t10dif: expose CRC-T10DIF function through lib
  arm/crc-t10dif: expose CRC-T10DIF function through lib
  arm64/crc-t10dif: expose CRC-T10DIF function through lib
  powerpc/crc-t10dif: expose CRC-T10DIF function through lib
  lib/crc_kunit.c: add KUnit test suite for CRC library functions
  lib/crc32test: delete obsolete crc32test.c
  powerpc/crc: delete obsolete crc-vpmsum_test.c
  MAINTAINERS: add entry for CRC library

 MAINTAINERS                                   |  11 +
 arch/arm/Kconfig                              |   1 +
 arch/arm/crypto/Kconfig                       |  11 -
 arch/arm/crypto/Makefile                      |   2 -
 arch/arm/crypto/crct10dif-ce-glue.c           | 124 ---
 arch/arm/lib/Makefile                         |   3 +
 .../crc-t10dif-core.S}                        |   0
 arch/arm/lib/crc-t10dif-glue.c                |  77 ++
 arch/arm64/Kconfig                            |   1 +
 arch/arm64/configs/defconfig                  |   1 -
 arch/arm64/crypto/Kconfig                     |  10 -
 arch/arm64/crypto/Makefile                    |   3 -
 arch/arm64/crypto/crct10dif-ce-glue.c         | 132 ---
 arch/arm64/lib/Makefile                       |   3 +
 .../crc-t10dif-core.S}                        |   0
 arch/arm64/lib/crc-t10dif-glue.c              |  78 ++
 arch/m68k/configs/amiga_defconfig             |   1 -
 arch/m68k/configs/apollo_defconfig            |   1 -
 arch/m68k/configs/atari_defconfig             |   1 -
 arch/m68k/configs/bvme6000_defconfig          |   1 -
 arch/m68k/configs/hp300_defconfig             |   1 -
 arch/m68k/configs/mac_defconfig               |   1 -
 arch/m68k/configs/multi_defconfig             |   1 -
 arch/m68k/configs/mvme147_defconfig           |   1 -
 arch/m68k/configs/mvme16x_defconfig           |   1 -
 arch/m68k/configs/q40_defconfig               |   1 -
 arch/m68k/configs/sun3_defconfig              |   1 -
 arch/m68k/configs/sun3x_defconfig             |   1 -
 arch/powerpc/Kconfig                          |   1 +
 arch/powerpc/configs/powernv_defconfig        |   1 -
 arch/powerpc/configs/ppc64_defconfig          |   2 -
 arch/powerpc/crypto/Kconfig                   |  20 -
 arch/powerpc/crypto/Makefile                  |   3 -
 arch/powerpc/crypto/crc-vpmsum_test.c         | 133 ---
 arch/powerpc/lib/Makefile                     |   3 +
 .../crc-t10dif-glue.c}                        |  69 +-
 .../{crypto => lib}/crct10dif-vpmsum_asm.S    |   2 +-
 arch/s390/configs/debug_defconfig             |   1 -
 arch/x86/Kconfig                              |   1 +
 arch/x86/crypto/Kconfig                       |  10 -
 arch/x86/crypto/Makefile                      |   3 -
 arch/x86/crypto/crct10dif-pclmul_glue.c       | 143 ---
 arch/x86/lib/Makefile                         |   3 +
 arch/x86/lib/crc-t10dif-glue.c                |  51 ++
 .../{crypto => lib}/crct10dif-pcl-asm_64.S    |   0
 crypto/Kconfig                                |   1 +
 crypto/Makefile                               |   3 +-
 crypto/crct10dif_common.c                     |  82 --
 crypto/crct10dif_generic.c                    |  82 +-
 include/linux/crc-t10dif.h                    |  28 +-
 lib/Kconfig                                   |  43 +-
 lib/Kconfig.debug                             |  20 +
 lib/Makefile                                  |   2 +-
 lib/crc-t10dif.c                              | 156 +---
 lib/crc32test.c                               | 852 ------------------
 lib/crc_kunit.c                               | 428 +++++++++
 .../testing/selftests/arm64/fp/kernel-test.c  |   3 +-
 57 files changed, 867 insertions(+), 1748 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/crypto/crct10dif-ce-glue.c
 rename arch/arm/{crypto/crct10dif-ce-core.S => lib/crc-t10dif-core.S} (100%)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/lib/crc-t10dif-glue.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm64/crypto/crct10dif-ce-glue.c
 rename arch/arm64/{crypto/crct10dif-ce-core.S => lib/crc-t10dif-core.S} (100%)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/lib/crc-t10dif-glue.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/crypto/crc-vpmsum_test.c
 rename arch/powerpc/{crypto/crct10dif-vpmsum_glue.c => lib/crc-t10dif-glue.c} (50%)
 rename arch/powerpc/{crypto => lib}/crct10dif-vpmsum_asm.S (99%)
 delete mode 100644 arch/x86/crypto/crct10dif-pclmul_glue.c
 create mode 100644 arch/x86/lib/crc-t10dif-glue.c
 rename arch/x86/{crypto => lib}/crct10dif-pcl-asm_64.S (100%)
 delete mode 100644 crypto/crct10dif_common.c
 delete mode 100644 lib/crc32test.c
 create mode 100644 lib/crc_kunit.c

-- 
2.47.0