Subject: [PATCH v4 0/2] Improve interrupt handling during machine kexec

From: Eliav Farber <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2024 11:31:17 +0000

This patch series focuses on improving the machine_kexec_mask_interrupts()
function by consolidating its implementation and optimizing its behavior to
avoid redundant interrupt masking.

Patch Summary:
[PATCH v4 1/2] Move machine_kexec_mask_interrupts() to kexec_core.c,
               removing duplicate architecture-specific implementations.
[PATCH v4 2/2] Refine machine_kexec_mask_interrupts() to avoid re-masking
               already-masked interrupts, resolving specific warnings
               triggered in GPIO IRQ flows.

Changes between v3 and v4:
 - Add missing <linux/irqdesc.h> and <linux/irq.h> includes.

Eliav Farber (2):
  kexec: Consolidate machine_kexec_mask_interrupts() implementation
  kexec: Prevent redundant IRQ masking by checking state before shutdown

 arch/arm/kernel/machine_kexec.c   | 23 -----------------------
 arch/arm64/kernel/machine_kexec.c | 31 -------------------------------
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kexec.h  |  1 -
 arch/powerpc/kexec/core.c         | 22 ----------------------
 arch/riscv/kernel/machine_kexec.c | 23 -----------------------
 include/linux/irq.h               |  3 +++
 include/linux/kexec.h             |  2 ++
 kernel/irq/internals.h            |  1 -
 kernel/kexec_core.c               | 30 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 9 files changed, 35 insertions(+), 101 deletions(-)

-- 
2.40.1