Subject: [PATCH v5 0/2] Improve interrupt handling during machine kexec

From: Eliav Farber <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2024 20:11:41 +0000

This patch series focuses on improving the machine_kexec_mask_interrupts()
function by consolidating its implementation and optimizing its behavior to
avoid redundant interrupt masking.

Patch Summary:
[PATCH v5 1/2] Move machine_kexec_mask_interrupts() to kernel/irq/kexec.c,
               removing duplicate architecture-specific implementations.
[PATCH v5 2/2] Refine machine_kexec_mask_interrupts() to avoid re-masking
               already-masked interrupts, resolving specific warnings
               triggered in GPIO IRQ flows.

Changes between v4 and v5:
 - The function machine_kexec_mask_interrupts() has been moved
   from kernel/kexec_core.c to a new file kernel/irq/kexec.c.
 - A new configuration option, GENERIC_IRQ_KEXEC_CLEAR_VM_FORWARD, has been
   added.
 - The parameters for the machine_kexec_mask_interrupts() function have
   been defined in reverse Christmas Tree style.
 - The comment explaining the call to irq_set_irqchip_state() has been
   improved for clarity.
 - The phrase 'This patch' has been removed from the commit message.
 
Changes between v3 and v4:
 - Add missing <linux/irqdesc.h> and <linux/irq.h> includes.

Eliav Farber (2):
  kexec: Consolidate machine_kexec_mask_interrupts() implementation
  kexec: Prevent redundant IRQ masking by checking state before shutdown

 arch/arm/kernel/machine_kexec.c   | 23 --------------------
 arch/arm64/Kconfig                |  1 +
 arch/arm64/kernel/machine_kexec.c | 31 --------------------------
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/kexec.h  |  1 -
 arch/powerpc/kexec/core.c         | 22 -------------------
 arch/powerpc/kexec/core_32.c      |  1 +
 arch/riscv/kernel/machine_kexec.c | 23 --------------------
 include/linux/irq.h               |  3 +++
 kernel/irq/Kconfig                |  9 ++++++++
 kernel/irq/Makefile               |  2 +-
 kernel/irq/kexec.c                | 36 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 11 files changed, 51 insertions(+), 101 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 kernel/irq/kexec.c

-- 
2.40.1