Subject: [PATCH v2 0/9] lib/crypto: move arch/$(ARCH)/lib/crypto/ to lib/crypto/$(ARCH)/

From: Eric Biggers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2025 12:18:59 -0700

This series applies on top of
https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]/
and is also available in git at:

    git fetch https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiggers/linux.git arch-to-lib-crypto-v2

This series moves the contents of arch/$(ARCH)/lib/crypto/ into
lib/crypto/$(ARCH)/.

The new code organization makes a lot more sense for how this code
actually works and is developed.  In particular, it makes it possible to
build each algorithm as a single module, with better inlining and dead
code elimination.  For a more detailed explanation, see the patchset
which did this for the CRC library code:
https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]/.
Also see the patchset which did this for SHA-512:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-crypto/[email-masked]/

This is just a preparatory series, which does the move to get the files
into their new location but keeps them building the same way as before.
Later patch series will make the actual improvements to the way the
arch-optimized code is integrated for each algorithm.

Changed in v2:
   - Instead of keeping arch/*/lib/crypto/.gitignore, instead add entry
     for now-removed crypto directory to arch/*/lib/.gitignore.
   - Adjusted commit messages and titles.
   - Added Reviewed-by.

Eric Biggers (9):
  lib/crypto: arm: move arch/arm/lib/crypto/ into lib/crypto/
  lib/crypto: arm64: move arch/arm64/lib/crypto/ into lib/crypto/
  lib/crypto: mips: move arch/mips/lib/crypto/ into lib/crypto/
  lib/crypto: powerpc: move arch/powerpc/lib/crypto/ into lib/crypto/
  lib/crypto: riscv: move arch/riscv/lib/crypto/ into lib/crypto/
  lib/crypto: s390: move arch/s390/lib/crypto/ into lib/crypto/
  lib/crypto: sparc: move arch/sparc/lib/crypto/ into lib/crypto/
  lib/crypto: x86: move arch/x86/lib/crypto/ into lib/crypto/
  MAINTAINERS: drop arch/*/lib/crypto/ pattern

 MAINTAINERS                                      |  1 -
 arch/arm/lib/.gitignore                          |  4 ++++
 arch/arm/lib/Makefile                            |  2 --
 arch/arm/lib/crypto/.gitignore                   |  3 ---
 arch/arm64/lib/.gitignore                        |  4 ++++
 arch/arm64/lib/Makefile                          |  3 ---
 arch/arm64/lib/crypto/.gitignore                 |  3 ---
 arch/mips/lib/.gitignore                         |  4 ++++
 arch/mips/lib/Makefile                           |  2 --
 arch/powerpc/lib/Makefile                        |  2 --
 arch/riscv/lib/Makefile                          |  1 -
 arch/s390/lib/Makefile                           |  1 -
 arch/sparc/lib/Makefile                          |  1 -
 arch/x86/lib/.gitignore                          |  4 ++++
 arch/x86/lib/Makefile                            |  2 --
 lib/crypto/Kconfig                               | 16 ++++++++--------
 lib/crypto/Makefile                              | 11 ++++++++++-
 lib/crypto/arm/.gitignore                        |  2 ++
 {arch/arm/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm}/Kconfig  |  0
 {arch/arm/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm}/Makefile |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm}/blake2s-core.S |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm}/blake2s-glue.c |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm}/chacha-glue.c  |  0
 .../crypto => lib/crypto/arm}/chacha-neon-core.S |  0
 .../crypto/arm}/chacha-scalar-core.S             |  0
 .../crypto => lib/crypto/arm}/poly1305-armv4.pl  |  0
 .../crypto => lib/crypto/arm}/poly1305-glue.c    |  0
 .../crypto => lib/crypto/arm}/sha256-armv4.pl    |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm}/sha256-ce.S    |  0
 {arch/arm/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm}/sha256.c |  0
 lib/crypto/arm64/.gitignore                      |  2 ++
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm64}/Kconfig      |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm64}/Makefile     |  0
 .../crypto/arm64}/chacha-neon-core.S             |  0
 .../crypto/arm64}/chacha-neon-glue.c             |  0
 .../crypto/arm64}/poly1305-armv8.pl              |  0
 .../crypto => lib/crypto/arm64}/poly1305-glue.c  |  0
 .../crypto => lib/crypto/arm64}/sha2-armv8.pl    |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm64}/sha256-ce.S  |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm64}/sha256.c     |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/mips}/.gitignore    |  0
 .../mips/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/mips}/Kconfig  |  0
 .../mips/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/mips}/Makefile |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/mips}/chacha-core.S |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/mips}/chacha-glue.c |  0
 .../crypto => lib/crypto/mips}/poly1305-glue.c   |  0
 .../crypto => lib/crypto/mips}/poly1305-mips.pl  |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/powerpc}/Kconfig    |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/powerpc}/Makefile   |  0
 .../crypto/powerpc}/chacha-p10-glue.c            |  0
 .../crypto/powerpc}/chacha-p10le-8x.S            |  0
 .../crypto/powerpc}/poly1305-p10-glue.c          |  0
 .../crypto/powerpc}/poly1305-p10le_64.S          |  0
 .../crypto/powerpc}/sha256-spe-asm.S             |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/powerpc}/sha256.c   |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/riscv}/Kconfig      |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/riscv}/Makefile     |  0
 .../crypto/riscv}/chacha-riscv64-glue.c          |  0
 .../crypto/riscv}/chacha-riscv64-zvkb.S          |  0
 .../sha256-riscv64-zvknha_or_zvknhb-zvkb.S       |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/riscv}/sha256.c     |  0
 .../s390/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/s390}/Kconfig  |  0
 .../s390/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/s390}/Makefile |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/s390}/chacha-glue.c |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/s390}/chacha-s390.S |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/s390}/chacha-s390.h |  0
 .../s390/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/s390}/sha256.c |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/sparc}/Kconfig      |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/sparc}/Makefile     |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/sparc}/sha256.c     |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/sparc}/sha256_asm.S |  0
 .../x86/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/.gitignore |  0
 {arch/x86/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/Kconfig  |  0
 {arch/x86/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/Makefile |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/blake2s-core.S |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/blake2s-glue.c |  0
 .../crypto/x86}/chacha-avx2-x86_64.S             |  0
 .../crypto/x86}/chacha-avx512vl-x86_64.S         |  0
 .../crypto/x86}/chacha-ssse3-x86_64.S            |  0
 .../lib/crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/chacha_glue.c  |  0
 .../crypto/x86}/poly1305-x86_64-cryptogams.pl    |  0
 .../crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/poly1305_glue.c    |  0
 .../crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/sha256-avx-asm.S   |  0
 .../crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/sha256-avx2-asm.S  |  0
 .../crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/sha256-ni-asm.S    |  0
 .../crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/sha256-ssse3-asm.S |  0
 {arch/x86/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/sha256.c |  0
 87 files changed, 38 insertions(+), 30 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/lib/.gitignore
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/lib/crypto/.gitignore
 create mode 100644 arch/arm64/lib/.gitignore
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm64/lib/crypto/.gitignore
 create mode 100644 arch/mips/lib/.gitignore
 rename {arch/arm/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm}/Kconfig (100%)
 rename {arch/arm/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm}/Makefile (100%)
 rename {arch/arm/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm}/blake2s-core.S (100%)
 rename {arch/arm/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm}/blake2s-glue.c (100%)
 rename {arch/arm/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm}/chacha-glue.c (100%)
 rename {arch/arm/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm}/chacha-neon-core.S (100%)
 rename {arch/arm/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm}/chacha-scalar-core.S (100%)
 rename {arch/arm/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm}/poly1305-armv4.pl (100%)
 rename {arch/arm/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm}/poly1305-glue.c (100%)
 rename {arch/arm/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm}/sha256-armv4.pl (100%)
 rename {arch/arm/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm}/sha256-ce.S (100%)
 rename {arch/arm/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm}/sha256.c (100%)
 rename {arch/arm64/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm64}/Kconfig (100%)
 rename {arch/arm64/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm64}/Makefile (100%)
 rename {arch/arm64/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm64}/chacha-neon-core.S (100%)
 rename {arch/arm64/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm64}/chacha-neon-glue.c (100%)
 rename {arch/arm64/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm64}/poly1305-armv8.pl (100%)
 rename {arch/arm64/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm64}/poly1305-glue.c (100%)
 rename {arch/arm64/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm64}/sha2-armv8.pl (100%)
 rename {arch/arm64/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm64}/sha256-ce.S (100%)
 rename {arch/arm64/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/arm64}/sha256.c (100%)
 rename {arch/mips/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/mips}/.gitignore (100%)
 rename {arch/mips/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/mips}/Kconfig (100%)
 rename {arch/mips/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/mips}/Makefile (100%)
 rename {arch/mips/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/mips}/chacha-core.S (100%)
 rename {arch/mips/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/mips}/chacha-glue.c (100%)
 rename {arch/mips/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/mips}/poly1305-glue.c (100%)
 rename {arch/mips/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/mips}/poly1305-mips.pl (100%)
 rename {arch/powerpc/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/powerpc}/Kconfig (100%)
 rename {arch/powerpc/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/powerpc}/Makefile (100%)
 rename {arch/powerpc/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/powerpc}/chacha-p10-glue.c (100%)
 rename {arch/powerpc/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/powerpc}/chacha-p10le-8x.S (100%)
 rename {arch/powerpc/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/powerpc}/poly1305-p10-glue.c (100%)
 rename {arch/powerpc/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/powerpc}/poly1305-p10le_64.S (100%)
 rename {arch/powerpc/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/powerpc}/sha256-spe-asm.S (100%)
 rename {arch/powerpc/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/powerpc}/sha256.c (100%)
 rename {arch/riscv/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/riscv}/Kconfig (100%)
 rename {arch/riscv/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/riscv}/Makefile (100%)
 rename {arch/riscv/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/riscv}/chacha-riscv64-glue.c (100%)
 rename {arch/riscv/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/riscv}/chacha-riscv64-zvkb.S (100%)
 rename {arch/riscv/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/riscv}/sha256-riscv64-zvknha_or_zvknhb-zvkb.S (100%)
 rename {arch/riscv/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/riscv}/sha256.c (100%)
 rename {arch/s390/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/s390}/Kconfig (100%)
 rename {arch/s390/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/s390}/Makefile (100%)
 rename {arch/s390/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/s390}/chacha-glue.c (100%)
 rename {arch/s390/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/s390}/chacha-s390.S (100%)
 rename {arch/s390/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/s390}/chacha-s390.h (100%)
 rename {arch/s390/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/s390}/sha256.c (100%)
 rename {arch/sparc/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/sparc}/Kconfig (100%)
 rename {arch/sparc/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/sparc}/Makefile (100%)
 rename {arch/sparc/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/sparc}/sha256.c (100%)
 rename {arch/sparc/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/sparc}/sha256_asm.S (100%)
 rename {arch/x86/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/.gitignore (100%)
 rename {arch/x86/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/Kconfig (100%)
 rename {arch/x86/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/Makefile (100%)
 rename {arch/x86/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/blake2s-core.S (100%)
 rename {arch/x86/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/blake2s-glue.c (100%)
 rename {arch/x86/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/chacha-avx2-x86_64.S (100%)
 rename {arch/x86/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/chacha-avx512vl-x86_64.S (100%)
 rename {arch/x86/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/chacha-ssse3-x86_64.S (100%)
 rename {arch/x86/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/chacha_glue.c (100%)
 rename {arch/x86/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/poly1305-x86_64-cryptogams.pl (100%)
 rename {arch/x86/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/poly1305_glue.c (100%)
 rename {arch/x86/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/sha256-avx-asm.S (100%)
 rename {arch/x86/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/sha256-avx2-asm.S (100%)
 rename {arch/x86/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/sha256-ni-asm.S (100%)
 rename {arch/x86/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/sha256-ssse3-asm.S (100%)
 rename {arch/x86/lib/crypto => lib/crypto/x86}/sha256.c (100%)

-- 
2.50.0