Subject: Re: clang nightly builds failing on PowerPc

From: Nathan Chancellor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2025 15:28:04 -0700

Hi Dan,

On Fri, Sep 19, 2025 at 02:17:41PM +0300, Dan Carpenter wrote:
> Hi the Clang nightly builds are failing on PowerPC with the
> ppc64e_defconfig.  They started failing on Sept 11.  Clang is failing on
> PowerPC in both linux-next and stable so it seems like something changed
> in Clang and not the kernel.
> 
> Unfortunately I don't have ready access to the /tmp/vgetrandom-fef220.c
> file that was generated, but hopefully these logs are enough to reproduce
> the issue.

Indeed, thanks a lot for the report. I was able to reproduce this
locally, bisect LLVM to find the problematic commit, and report it
upstream:

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/157206#issuecomment-3313700961

Hopefully it can be resolved quickly.

Cheers,
Nathan