Subject: [PATCH v5 00/14] Remove DMA map_page/map_resource and their unmap callbacks

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2025 12:12:46 +0300

This series is a combination of previous two steps [1, 2] to reduce
number of accesses to struct page in the code "below" DMA layer.

In this series, the DMA .map_page/.map_resource/.unmap_page/.unmap_resource
callbacks are converted to newly introduced .map_phys/.unmap_phys interfaces.

Thanks

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]
[2] https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]

---
Leon Romanovsky (14):
      dma-mapping: prepare dma_map_ops to conversion to physical address
      dma-mapping: convert dummy ops to physical address mapping
      ARM: dma-mapping: Reduce struct page exposure in arch_sync_dma*()
      ARM: dma-mapping: Switch to physical address mapping callbacks
      xen: swiotlb: Switch to physical address mapping callbacks
      dma-mapping: remove unused mapping resource callbacks
      alpha: Convert mapping routine to rely on physical address
      MIPS/jazzdma: Provide physical address directly
      parisc: Convert DMA map_page to map_phys interface
      powerpc: Convert to physical address DMA mapping
      sparc: Use physical address DMA mapping
      x86: Use physical address for DMA mapping
      xen: swiotlb: Convert mapping routine to rely on physical address
      dma-mapping: remove unused map_page callback

 arch/alpha/kernel/pci_iommu.c            |  48 ++++-----
 arch/arm/mm/dma-mapping.c                | 180 +++++++++----------------------
 arch/mips/jazz/jazzdma.c                 |  20 ++--
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/iommu.h         |   8 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/dma-iommu.c          |  22 ++--
 arch/powerpc/kernel/iommu.c              |  14 +--
 arch/powerpc/platforms/ps3/system-bus.c  |  33 +++---
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/ibmebus.c |  15 +--
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/vio.c     |  21 ++--
 arch/sparc/kernel/iommu.c                |  30 ++++--
 arch/sparc/kernel/pci_sun4v.c            |  31 +++---
 arch/sparc/mm/io-unit.c                  |  38 +++----
 arch/sparc/mm/iommu.c                    |  46 ++++----
 arch/x86/kernel/amd_gart_64.c            |  19 ++--
 drivers/parisc/ccio-dma.c                |  54 +++++-----
 drivers/parisc/iommu-helpers.h           |  10 +-
 drivers/parisc/sba_iommu.c               |  54 +++++-----
 drivers/xen/grant-dma-ops.c              |  20 ++--
 drivers/xen/swiotlb-xen.c                |  63 +++++------
 include/linux/dma-map-ops.h              |  14 +--
 kernel/dma/dummy.c                       |  13 ++-
 kernel/dma/mapping.c                     |  26 +----
 kernel/dma/ops_helpers.c                 |  12 ++-
 23 files changed, 361 insertions(+), 430 deletions(-)
---
base-commit: 3a8660878839faadb4f1a6dd72c3179c1df56787
change-id: 20251015-remove-map-page-a28302e6cc7d

Best regards,
--  
Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>