Subject: [PATCH 0/2] move TPM-specific fields into trusted_tpm_options

From: Srish Srinivasan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2026 22:25:02 +0530

A recently posted patch series titled 'Extend "trusted" keys to support
a new trust source named the PowerVM Key Wrapping Module (PKWM)'
introduced a change in the handling of backend-specific fields in the
backend agnostic trusted_key_options structure. However, there are a
number of TPM-specific fields that are residing in trusted_key_options
and they have not been migrated yet.

This patch series intends to move all TPM-spcific fields out of
trusted_key_options into a newly defined trusted_tpm_options structure.
A pointer to the trusted_tpm_options struct is stored in
trusted_key_option's private.

Along with the migration of TPM-specific fields, this patch series includes
a preparatory bug-fix patch: passing the blob_handle to tpm_buf_append_name
during TPM2_Unseal instead of the keyhandle.

This patch series has been validated against both TPM 1.2 and TPM 2.0
trusted-key backends using a vTPM environment, on x86_64 and ppc64le.
Testing included key creation, loading, resealing (TPM 2.0), key revocation
, unlinking, invalidation, and reloading trusted keys from encrypted blobs.
I would welcome any additional testing from upstream to further strengthen
the validation.

This patch series is intended to be applied on top of the PKWM trusted-keys
series posted earlier [1], which introduces a pointer named private in the
trusted_key_options structure to handle backend-specific fields.

Srish Srinivasan (2):
  keys/trusted_keys: fix handle passed to tpm_buf_append_name during
    unseal
  keys/trusted_keys: move TPM-specific fields into trusted_tpm_options

[1]
lore.kernel.org/linuxppc-dev/[email-masked]/T

 include/keys/trusted-type.h               |  11 ---
 include/keys/trusted_tpm.h                |  14 +++
 security/keys/trusted-keys/trusted_tpm1.c | 103 ++++++++++++++--------
 security/keys/trusted-keys/trusted_tpm2.c |  66 +++++++++-----
 4 files changed, 123 insertions(+), 71 deletions(-)

-- 
2.43.0