Subject: [PATCH v3 0/9] PCI: endpoint: Differentiate between disabled and reserved BARs

From: Niklas Cassel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2026 10:59:12 +0100

Hello all,

This series was originally written in response to the patch series from
Manikanta Maddireddy that was posted here:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-pci/[email-masked]/T/#t

Manikanta has reviewed V1 and will send a small series on top of this one.

Changes since v2:
-Picked up tags from Frank and Koichiro (thank you)
-Fixed a comment in pcie-dw-rockchip.c to no longer reflect the old
 definition of BAR_RESERVED.

Link to v2:
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-pci/[email-masked]/

Koichiro Den (2):
  PCI: endpoint: Describe reserved subregions within BARs
  PCI: dw-rockchip: Describe RK3588 BAR4 DMA ctrl window

Niklas Cassel (7):
  PCI: endpoint: Introduce pci_epc_bar_type BAR_64BIT_UPPER
  PCI: endpoint: Introduce pci_epc_bar_type BAR_DISABLED
  PCI: dwc: Replace certain BAR_RESERVED with BAR_DISABLED in glue
    drivers
  PCI: dwc: Disable BARs in common code instead of in each glue driver
  PCI: endpoint: pci-epf-test: Advertise reserved BARs
  misc: pci_endpoint_test: Give reserved BARs a distinct error code
  selftests: pci_endpoint: Skip reserved BARs

 drivers/misc/pci_endpoint_test.c              | 21 ++++++++-
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pci-dra7xx.c       |  4 --
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pci-imx6.c         | 22 +++------
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pci-keystone.c     | 12 +++++
 .../pci/controller/dwc/pci-layerscape-ep.c    |  8 +---
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-artpec6.c     |  4 --
 .../pci/controller/dwc/pcie-designware-ep.c   | 24 ++++++++++
 .../pci/controller/dwc/pcie-designware-plat.c | 10 -----
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-dw-rockchip.c | 23 ++++++----
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-keembay.c     |  6 +--
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-qcom-ep.c     | 14 +-----
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-rcar-gen4.c   | 16 ++-----
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-stm32-ep.c    | 10 -----
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-tegra194.c    | 20 +++------
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-uniphier-ep.c | 24 +++-------
 drivers/pci/controller/pcie-rcar-ep.c         |  6 +--
 drivers/pci/endpoint/functions/pci-epf-test.c | 24 ++++++++++
 drivers/pci/endpoint/pci-epc-core.c           |  6 ++-
 include/linux/pci-epc.h                       | 45 +++++++++++++++++--
 .../pci_endpoint/pci_endpoint_test.c          |  4 ++
 20 files changed, 175 insertions(+), 128 deletions(-)

base-commit: 36bfc3642b19a98f1302aed4437c331df9b481f0
-- 
2.53.0