Subject: [RFC v1 00/18] PCI: Enable async probe by default

From: Anand Moon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2026 19:21:43 +0530

Following recent asynchronous probing updates to the Rockchip PCIe
controller, this change enables default async probe functionality for
all DesignWare Core (DWC) based controllers to optimize boot times [0]. 

[0] https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

This PROBE_PREFER_ASYNCHRONOUS flag help to parallelize device initialization.

Thanks
-Anand

Anand Moon (18):
  PCI: al: Allow asynchronous probing for background link training
  PCI: amd-mdb: Allow asynchronous probing for background link training
  PCI: armada8x: Allow asynchronous probing for background link training
  PCI: artpec6: Allow asynchronous probing for background link training
  PCI: bt1: Allow asynchronous probing for background link training
  PCI: dra7xx: Allow asynchronous probing for background link training
  PCI: exynos: Allow asynchronous probing for background link training
  PCI: fu740: Allow asynchronous probing for background link training
  PCI: intel-gw: Allow asynchronous probing for background link training
  PCI: keystone: Allow asynchronous probing for background link training
  PCI: keembay: Allow asynchronous probing for background link training
  PCI: kirin: Allow asynchronous probing for background link training
  PCI: layerscape: Allow asynchronous probing for background link
    training
  PCI: meson: Allow asynchronous probing for background link training
  PCI: sophgo: Allow asynchronous probing for background link training
  PCI: tegra194: Allow asynchronous probing for background link training
  PCI: uniphier: Allow asynchronous probing for background link training
  PCI: visconti: Allow asynchronous probing for background link training

 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pci-dra7xx.c     | 1 +
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pci-exynos.c     | 1 +
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pci-keystone.c   | 1 +
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pci-layerscape.c | 1 +
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pci-meson.c      | 1 +
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-al.c        | 1 +
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-amd-mdb.c   | 1 +
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-armada8k.c  | 1 +
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-artpec6.c   | 1 +
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-bt1.c       | 1 +
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-fu740.c     | 7 ++++---
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-intel-gw.c  | 1 +
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-keembay.c   | 1 +
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-kirin.c     | 1 +
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-sophgo.c    | 1 +
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-tegra194.c  | 1 +
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-uniphier.c  | 1 +
 drivers/pci/controller/dwc/pcie-visconti.c  | 1 +
 18 files changed, 21 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

base-commit: 0031c06807cfa8aa51a759ff8aa09e1aa48149af
-- 
2.50.1