Subject: [PATCH 2/2] crypto: nx - fix context leak in nx842_crypto_free_ctx

From: Thorsten Blum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2026 16:56:49 +0100

Since the scomp conversion, nx842_crypto_alloc_ctx() allocates the
context separately, but nx842_crypto_free_ctx() never releases it. Add
the missing kfree(ctx) to nx842_crypto_free_ctx(), and reuse
nx842_crypto_free_ctx() in the allocation error path.

Fixes: 980b5705f4e7 ("crypto: nx - Migrate to scomp API")
Cc: [email-masked]
Signed-off-by: Thorsten Blum <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/crypto/nx/nx-842.c | 6 ++----
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/crypto/nx/nx-842.c b/drivers/crypto/nx/nx-842.c
index 661568ce47f0..a61208cbcd27 100644
--- a/drivers/crypto/nx/nx-842.c
+++ b/drivers/crypto/nx/nx-842.c
@@ -115,10 +115,7 @@ void *nx842_crypto_alloc_ctx(struct nx842_driver *driver)
 	ctx->sbounce = (u8 *)__get_free_pages(GFP_KERNEL, BOUNCE_BUFFER_ORDER);
 	ctx->dbounce = (u8 *)__get_free_pages(GFP_KERNEL, BOUNCE_BUFFER_ORDER);
 	if (!ctx->wmem || !ctx->sbounce || !ctx->dbounce) {
-		kfree(ctx->wmem);
-		free_pages((unsigned long)ctx->sbounce, BOUNCE_BUFFER_ORDER);
-		free_pages((unsigned long)ctx->dbounce, BOUNCE_BUFFER_ORDER);
-		kfree(ctx);
+		nx842_crypto_free_ctx(ctx);
 		return ERR_PTR(-ENOMEM);
 	}
 
@@ -133,6 +130,7 @@ void nx842_crypto_free_ctx(void *p)
 	kfree(ctx->wmem);
 	free_pages((unsigned long)ctx->sbounce, BOUNCE_BUFFER_ORDER);
 	free_pages((unsigned long)ctx->dbounce, BOUNCE_BUFFER_ORDER);
+	kfree(ctx);
 }
 EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL(nx842_crypto_free_ctx);