Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] powerpc: switch to dynamic root devices

From: Johan Hovold <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2026 18:02:56 +0200

This series replaces static root devices with dynamically allocated
ones. Included is also a related printk cleanup.

Johan

Changes in v2:
 - only set ibmebus root pointer on successful registration
 - add sanity check when registering ibmebus devices to avoid
   use-after-free if ibmebus_register_driver() is called after the bus
   failed to register (Sashiko flagged this path which I had missed)

Johan Hovold (3):
  powerpc/ps3: switch to dynamic system bus root device
  powerpc/pseries: switch to dynamic ibmebus root device
  powerpc/pseries: clean up ibmebus printks

 arch/powerpc/platforms/ps3/system-bus.c  | 10 ++---
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/ibmebus.c | 57 ++++++++++++------------
 2 files changed, 33 insertions(+), 34 deletions(-)

-- 
2.53.0