Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 3/3] KVM: Take gpa_t in kvm_vcpu_map[_readonly]()

From: Peter Fang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2026 21:25:34 -0700

On Fri, Apr 24, 2026 at 01:55:18PM +0530, Gautam Menghani wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 07, 2026 at 05:11:30PM -0700, Peter Fang wrote:
> > Move the conversion from a gpa_t to a gfn_t into kvm_vcpu_map() and
> > kvm_vcpu_map_readonly() so that they take a gpa_t directly, reducing
> > boilerplate at call sites.
> 
> For this refactor, shouldn't the prototypes continue to take in gpa? I
> think this was agreed in v1? [1]
> 
> Am I missing something?

Patch 1 first does the "quick fix" of changing the prototypes to take
gfn_t, and then patch 3 changes the prototypes back to taking gpa_t so
that callers don't need to use gpa_to_gfn(). Hope that clarifies the
series.

> 
> [1] : https://lore.kernel.org/kvm/[email-masked]/
> 
> Thanks,
> Gautam