Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] net: wan: fsl_ucc_hdlc: fix uhdlc_memclean

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2026 13:27:56 +0100

On Wed, Apr 29, 2026 at 01:42:07PM +0200, Holger Brunck wrote:
> Unmapping of uf_regs is done from ucc_fast_free and doesn't need to be
> done explicitly. If already unmapped ucc_fast_free will crash.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Holger Brunck <[email-masked]>

As a fix for code present in net, this warrants a fixes tag
that cites the commit that introduced this bug.
Perhaps this one is appropriate.

Fixes: ca20e191eed0 ("net: wan: fsl_ucc_hdlc: fix ucc_hdlc_remove")

Also, as a fix for net it would be best to explicitly target that branch,
like this:

Subject: [PATCH net 1/2] ...

I don't think it's necessary to repost to just to address either of the
above.  But for reference more information on the Netdev development
process can be found here:

https://docs.kernel.org/process/maintainer-netdev.html

The above not withstanding, this looks good to me.

Reviewed-by: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>

FTR, an AI generated review of this patch is available on sashiko.dev.
All the issues flagged there seem to be pre-existing and I do not
believe they should block progress of this patch. But you may want to
look into then in the context of follow-up.

...