Subject: [PATCH 0/7] gpio: move ppc4xx driver to drivers/gpio and modernize

From: Rosen Penev <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2026 22:01:24 -0700

This series moves the ppc4xx GPIO driver from arch/powerpc to
drivers/gpio, converts it to be a proper platform driver using
generic MMIO helpers, drops architecture-specific accessors, and
prepares it for module build and COMPILE_TEST.

Patches 1-4 move the driver and convert it to standard platform
driver infrastructure. Patch 5 switches to generic MMIO helpers.
Patch 6 drops PPC-specific IO accessors and enables COMPILE_TEST.
Patch 7 adds the missing MODULE metadata so the driver can actually
be built as a module.

Rosen Penev (7):
  gpio: move ppc4xx gpio driver from arch/powerpc to drivers/gpio
  gpio: ppc44x: Use module platform driver helper for GPIO
  gpio: ppc44x: Set GPIO chip firmware node
  gpio: ppc44x: Use platform resource helper for GPIO MMIO
  gpio: ppc44x: Convert GPIO to generic MMIO
  gpio: ppc44x: drop PPC-specific IO helpers and rename to ppc44x
  gpio: ppc44x: add MODULE info

 arch/powerpc/configs/44x/warp_defconfig |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/configs/ppc44x_defconfig   |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/44x/Kconfig      |   7 -
 arch/powerpc/platforms/44x/Makefile     |   2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/44x/gpio.c       | 210 -----------------------
 drivers/gpio/Kconfig                    |   7 +
 drivers/gpio/Makefile                   |   1 +
 drivers/gpio/gpio-ppc44x.c              | 217 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
 8 files changed, 228 insertions(+), 220 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/44x/gpio.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/gpio/gpio-ppc44x.c

-- 
2.54.0