Subject: [PATCH v3 0/6] Remove remaining references to the pktcdvd driver

From: Catalin Iacob <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2026 16:20:23 +0300

Found this incidentally while looking at kernel sources to understand
what pktcdvd is

Signed-off-by: Catalin Iacob <[email-masked]>
---
Changes in v3:
- Split the defconfig changes in one patch per arch
- Add patch to move the declaration of scsi_device_from_queue to the
  private header as suggested by John
- Link to v2: https://patch.msgid.link/[email-masked]

Changes in v2:
- Reworded commit message on John Paul Adrian's suggestion to be about
  the removed references not the export symbol
- Link to v1: https://patch.msgid.link/[email-masked]

To: "James E.J. Bottomley" <[email-masked]>
To: "Martin K. Petersen" <[email-masked]>
To: Thomas Bogendoerfer <[email-masked]>
To: Madhavan Srinivasan <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
To: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
To: "Christophe Leroy (CS GROUP)" <[email-masked]>
To: Yoshinori Sato <[email-masked]>
To: Rich Felker <[email-masked]>
To: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <[email-masked]>
To: "David S. Miller" <[email-masked]>
To: Andreas Larsson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

---
Catalin Iacob (6):
      scsi: core: Remove remaining reference to the pktcdvd driver
      scsi: core: Move scsi_device_from_queue() to scsi_priv.h
      mips: Remove remaining defconfig references to the pktcdvd driver
      powerpc: Remove remaining defconfig references to the pktcdvd driver
      sh: Remove remaining defconfig reference to the pktcdvd driver
      sparc: Remove remaining defconfig references to the pktcdvd driver

 arch/mips/configs/fuloong2e_defconfig    | 1 -
 arch/mips/configs/ip22_defconfig         | 1 -
 arch/mips/configs/ip27_defconfig         | 1 -
 arch/mips/configs/ip30_defconfig         | 1 -
 arch/mips/configs/jazz_defconfig         | 1 -
 arch/mips/configs/malta_defconfig        | 1 -
 arch/mips/configs/malta_kvm_defconfig    | 1 -
 arch/mips/configs/maltaup_xpa_defconfig  | 1 -
 arch/mips/configs/rm200_defconfig        | 1 -
 arch/mips/configs/sb1250_swarm_defconfig | 1 -
 arch/powerpc/configs/g5_defconfig        | 1 -
 arch/powerpc/configs/ppc6xx_defconfig    | 1 -
 arch/sh/configs/sh2007_defconfig         | 1 -
 arch/sparc/configs/sparc64_defconfig     | 2 --
 drivers/scsi/scsi_lib.c                  | 8 --------
 drivers/scsi/scsi_priv.h                 | 1 +
 include/scsi/scsi_device.h               | 1 -
 17 files changed, 1 insertion(+), 24 deletions(-)
---
base-commit: e43ffb69e0438cddd72aaa30898b4dc446f664f8
change-id: 20260530-remove-pktcdvd-references-9d5c6362a5de

Best regards,
--  
Catalin Iacob <[email-masked]>