Subject: [PATCH 00/10] dmaengine: fsldma: devm conversion, fixups, and cleanups

From: Rosen Penev <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2026 15:01:24 -0700

Convert the Freescale Elo DMA driver to use managed device resources
(devm), simplifying probe error handling and the remove path by
dropping explicit iounmap, kfree, and free_irq calls.

While doing so, fix a few issues uncovered along the way:

  - Kill the channel tasklet before removal to prevent a race with
    the IRQ handler.
  - Check the return value of dma_async_device_register() instead
    of silently returning success.
  - Replace the powerpc-specific I/O accessors with portable
    generic ones so the driver can be built on non-powerpc
    architectures.

Build-tested with LLVM=1 ARCH=powerpc allmodconfig.

Rosen Penev (10):
  dmaengine: fsldma: kill tasklet before removing channel
  dmaengine: fsldma: check dma_async_device_register() return value
  dmaengine: fsldma: convert to platform_get_irq_optional()
  dmaengine: fsldma: convert to devm_kzalloc and fix error path
  dmaengine: fsldma: convert ioremap to devm_platform_ioremap_resource
  dmaengine: fsldma: convert channel allocation to devm_kzalloc
  dmaengine: fsldma: convert channel ioremap to devm_of_iomap
  dmaengine: fsldma: replace irq_of_parse_and_map with of_irq_get
  dmaengine: fsldma: convert to devm_request_irq
  dmaengine: fsldma: replace ppc-specific accessors with portable
    generic ones

 drivers/dma/Kconfig  |   2 +-
 drivers/dma/fsldma.c | 139 +++++++++++++------------------------------
 drivers/dma/fsldma.h |  35 ++++++++++-
 3 files changed, 76 insertions(+), 100 deletions(-)

-- 
2.54.0