Subject: Internal assembler error for instruction icbt

From: wael showair <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 07:05:44 -0800 (PST)

hi All,
i have LTIB version 6.2.2 with which i have built linux kernel 2.6.19-rc5
for my board where its processor is MPC8555.i built the kernel Image
successfuly without any problems
But Now i want to upgrade the linux kernel to 2.6.27 but unfortunately i got
the following error:

************************************************************************
 Using /home/test/ltib-6.2.2-sv/rpm/BUILD/linux-2.6.27 as source for kernel
  GEN     /home/test/ltib-6.2.2-sv/rpm/BUILD/kbuild/mpc8555amc/Makefile
  CHK     include/linux/version.h
  CHK     include/linux/utsrelease.h
  CALL   
/home/test/ltib-6.2.2-sv/rpm/BUILD/linux-2.6.27/scripts/checksyscalls.sh
  CHK     include/linux/compile.h
  CALL   
/home/test/ltib-6.2.2-sv/rpm/BUILD/linux-2.6.27/arch/powerpc/kernel/systbl_chk.sh
  CC      arch/powerpc/kernel/prom_init.o
  CALL   
/home/test/ltib-6.2.2-sv/rpm/BUILD/linux-2.6.27/arch/powerpc/kernel/prom_init_check.sh
  BOOTCC  arch/powerpc/boot/4xx.o
Assembler messages:
Error: Internal assembler error for instruction icbt
Internal error, aborting at
/usr/src/RPM/BUILD/crosstool/source/binutils-2.15/gas/config/tc-ppc.c line
1300 in ppc_setup_opcodes
Please report this bug.
make[2]: *** [arch/powerpc/boot/4xx.o] Error 2
make[1]: *** [zImage] Error 2
make: *** [sub-make] Error 2
error: Bad exit status from /home/test/ltib-6.2.2-sv/tmp/rpm-tmp.81042
(%build)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /home/test/ltib-6.2.2-sv/tmp/rpm-tmp.81042 (%build)
Failed building kernel-2.6.27-mpc8555amc
************************************************************************

i think that i have to upgrade the cross toolchain that i m using, actually
it is version 3.4.3?
is there a certain version of toolchain that i have to use to build linux
kernel 2.6.27?

My last question is how can i upgrade the toolchain i m using?

thanks in advance for ur help
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Internal-assembler-error-for-instruction-icbt-tp21479519p21479519.html
Sent from the linuxppc-dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.