Subject: [PATCH 0/2] powerpc: fixes for 32-bit little-endian processes

From: Will Springer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2021 01:32:24 +0000

These are a couple small fixes that enable 32-bit little endian ("ppcle")
processes to run on a ppc64le kernel. Currently this is of interest for
the purposes of emulating ia32 programs with native userland assistance
via box86[1] (see PR#279 for initial ppc support), but a standalone
userland is functional, and may be used to complement a future ppcle
kernel port. We (those of us working on the userland effort in the
void-ppc project[2]) hope to come up with an ABI proposal to submit to
submit to the libc projects as a new port.

Cheers to Christophe Leroy and Michael Ellerman for converting the ppc
vDSO to C, and Michael in particular for tracking down a small issue
with it on ppcle, meaning the 32-bit LE vDSO gets to be functional
instead of half-broken with the old asm. (Sorry it took a minute to push
these patches, protonmail would not cooperate with git-send-email and then
I took off for the holidays.)

Cheers,
Will Springer [she/her]

[1]: https://github.com/ptitSeb/box86
[2]: https://voidlinux-ppc.org/

Joseph J Allen (1):
  powerpc: use kernel endianness in MSR in 32-bit signal handler

Will Springer (1):
  powerpc/compat_sys: swap hi/lo parts of 64-bit syscall args in LE mode

 arch/powerpc/kernel/signal_32.c |  3 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/sys_ppc32.c | 49 +++++++++++++++++++--------------
 2 files changed, 30 insertions(+), 22 deletions(-)

-- 
2.29.2