Subject: Re: pppd/pppoed

From: Murray Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 20:59:20 +1100

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000 10:32:34 +0200, Erik Kunze <[email-masked]> writes:
>I'm trying to port pppd and pppoed to a MPC860T based embedded board
>using Hard Hat 1.2 for cross developement. Unfortunately both packages
>aren't designed for cross compiling.
>
>Did anyone already port these programs to embedded Linux/PPC?

Here are my diffs to ppp-2.3.11 - after applying the patches, run

    ./configure Linux
    make CC=<cross>-gcc INCLDIR=<crossdir>/include LIBRDIR=<crossdir>/lib all

where <cross> is your cross compiler prefix e.g. powerpc-linux, and <crossdir>
is the location of your cross compiler include and library files - something
like /opt/powerpc/<cross>. Probably not a good idea to try to run the "install"
target without setting DESTDIR.

I cross-compile under Solaris 2.7, but it should work for Linux-x86 ->
Linux/PPC also (in fact, because both are linux, you probably don't need the
"Linux" arg to "./configure").

Standard caveat applies - I wrote this message all from memory, check it
out yourself before you run it to be sure that it does what I think it does.
Cheers!
								Murray...
--
Murray Jensen, CSIRO Manufacturing Sci & Tech,         Phone: +61 3 9662 7763
Locked Bag No. 9, Preston, Vic, 3072, Australia.         Fax: +61 3 9662 7853
Internet: [email-masked]  (old address was [email-masked])