Subject: Re: AMD to ST migration issues

From: Michael Neuling <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 10:57:01 +1000

> We have been using PPC with a AMD flash (Spansion S29GL128M) on it for
> our applications.  We are running Montavista linux on it.  Recently we
> replaced the AMD flash with ST flash (M29W128FH).  The u-boot boots up
> and during the kernel boot, I am getting the following error messages
> and the system doesn't boot after this:
> =20
> 
> jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found at 0x00000000:
> 0x0020 instead
> jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found at 0x0000001c:
> 0x2212 instead
> jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found at 0x00000020:
> 0x0020 instead
> jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found at 0x0000003c:
> 0x2212 instead
> jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found at 0x00000040:
> 0x0020 instead
> jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found at 0x0000005c:
> 0x2212 instead
> jffs2_scan_eraseblock(): Magic bitmask 0x1985 not found at 0x00000060:
> 0x0020 instead
> =20
> It would be really great if someone could let me know what is going
> wrong in this.

This might be better answered at the jffs2 list which is linked off
here:  http://sourceware.org/jffs2/ 

Mikey