Subject: Re: issue at the beginning of kernel booting

From: "Sauce.Cheng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 07:39:44 -0700 (PDT)

thanks Scott 's following

> I don't quite follow the above, but what I meant is that you need to
> put a mapping in place that covers your LED I/O once you have the MMU on.
> Any mappings that U-boot made will be gone at that point.

i am sorry for my poor expression. i think i have got your meaning about
that.
the suggestion from others that the situation that external access will be
disabled at early booting time. i guess that means like yours, sometimes I/O
disabled due to cache operating or something.

certainly, if i have to turn LEDs at booting time, the way your said is the
best. but i supposed i could operate LEDs after early booting time. 

>> i tried 
>> CONFIG_PPC_EARLY_DEBUG_CPM=y 
>> CONFIG_PPC_EARLY_DEBUG_CPM_ADDR=0xf00000008	
>> how can i make sure CPM_ADDR, 0xf0000008 is default value 

> Look at the u-boot source, or dump the memory and see if it looks like a
> ring buffer.

sorry, i mean that CPM_ADDR is address of what? address of CPM registers or
something?

> This is a dts-v0 tree, which implies it's fairly old.
dose later dts be used in corresponding kernel version ?

i guess i must read "booting-without-of.txt". many of contents in dts i have
no idea.

in addition, there is one more question. 
my RAM size is 32MBytes, my "vmlinux" size is 30MBytes, "vmlinux.o" size is
58MBytes. so , will there be something wrong at uncompressing time ?

Sauce
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/issue-at-the-beginning-of-kernel-booting-tp22741532p22930588.html
Sent from the linuxppc-dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.