Subject: Re: RFC: proposed arch/powerpc directory structure

From: Dan Malek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:01:34 -0400

On Aug 10, 2005, at 12:45 PM, Becky Bruce wrote:

> ....  Listed below are the proposed directories, along with a 
> description of the logical contents, as well as a description of which 
> existing files will be moved into these directories.

I think this is fine, but I'd like to make a suggestion about the file 
names themselves.
Since we have platform directories for a specific processor type or 
core, can we
change the file names a little?  For example, if I'm in the 
platforms/82xx directory,
I don't need to prepend every file with mpc82xx_ or ppc82xx- or 
whatever.  We
know that's what it is, let's try to use the file names to be more 
descriptive of what's
inside of them.  Regardless of the build or management tools we use, I 
still find it
nice to keep a concise file name that is still descriptive, and take 
advantage of
the directory structure names to assist with this.

Thanks.

	-- Dan