Subject: Re: PPC8247 booting error

From: "Sauce.Cheng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 18:47:28 -0700 (PDT)

thanks for Scott's following

> You need to pass your physical address (0xd0000000) to ioremap() to
> obtain a virtual address that you can dereference.

actually, i have done that like you said. pass my phy addr to a virtual
addr, but i suppose it is a kernel virtual addr. i wanna get data from phy
in my application of user space. i try it by copy_to_user transfer a kernel
virtual addr to a use virtual addr for using by user. but copy_to_user
failed...

i do it like this

ssize_t read(....,char *buf,....,....)
{
     ....
      kernel_buf = (void *)ioremap(0xD0000000, 4096);
      copy_to_user(buf, kernel_buf, 4096); 
     ....
}

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/PPC8247-booting-error-tp23381214p23438722.html
Sent from the linuxppc-dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.