Subject: Re: U-boot and linux command line parameters

From: Mirek23 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 13:40:34 -0700 (PDT)

I have done some experiments with u-boot (version 1.2.0) and with linux
kernel (version 2.6.23) and it seems to be that the limitation of 8MB is not
anymore the problem. I have built u-boot and linux for ppc405 (virtex-4). I
have set the CFG_BOOTMAPSZ to 16 MB:
#define CFG_BOOTMAPSZ             (8 << 21)  /* 16 MB */

and Linux has picked up the command line parameters which were set in
u-boot.

>/*
> * For booting Linux, the board info and command line data
> * have to be in the first 8 MB of memory, since this is
> * the maximum mapped by the Linux kernel during initialization.
> */
> #define CFG_BOOTMAPSZ             (8 << 20)   /* Initial Memory map for
> Linux */

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/U-boot-and-linux-command-line-parameters-tp23698384p23712750.html
Sent from the linuxppc-dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.