Subject: how can i send real-time signal?

From: wael showair <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 10:41:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,
i m using linux-kernel 2.6.27 & a board of MPC8555 processor.
i have also DSP-core on the same board.

My aim is : Each time the DSP-core interrupts the MPC8555 processor, a
process in the user space will be informed by the arrival of this each
interrupt.

So i decided to use sw signals, in the ISR of the DSP-core interrupt i send
a SW signal to the user space process? Is this the best solution? are there
any better suggestion to achieve my aim? 

i used the kernel API send_sig_info because i want to send information with
the sent signal & my signal type was SIGUSR1

i could receive the SW signal successfully but i found out that the standard
SW signals are not queued if they r in the pending queue of the user space
process but the real-time signals do.
so i changed the type of the signal to SIGRTMIN but unfortunately i could
receive any SW signal from my ISR & i noticed that always the second
interrupt causes a kernel panic

so am i using the correct signal type?
am i using the correct kernel API to send a real-time SW signal?

plz help 
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/how-can-i-send-real-time-signal--tp23892580p23892580.html
Sent from the linuxppc-dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.