Subject: Re: how can i send real-time signal?

From: wael showair <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 17:33:39 -0700 (PDT)

Am Fri, 5 Jun 2009 10:41:56 -0700 (PDT)
schrieb wael showair <[email-masked]>:

> My aim is : Each time the DSP-core interrupts the MPC8555 processor, a
> process in the user space will be informed by the arrival of this each
> interrupt.
You should have a look at drivers/uio...

> So i decided to use sw signals, in the ISR of the DSP-core interrupt
> i send a SW signal to the user space process? Is this the best
> solution? are there any better suggestion to achieve my aim? 
signals are expensive. Look at the UIO-Framework for a cheaper solution.
preallocated RT-Signals on the other Hand are fragile. Blocking reads
are cheaper and in case of preempt-RT, but not resticted to it, much
easier to handle.

Bene
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/how-can-i-send-real-time-signal--tp23892580p23906892.html
Sent from the linuxppc-dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.