Subject: Re: Where does ppc define __start___ksymtab?

From: Keith Owens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 18:03:13 +1000

On Thu, 3 Aug 2000 16:13:46 +1000 (EST),
Paul Mackerras <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> I have been trying to find where ppc defines __start___ksymtab and
>> __stop___ksymtab symbols.  These delimit the __ksymtab entries for
>> module symbols.  On every other architecture that supports modules,
>> arch/xxx/vmlinux.lds contains lines like this
>>
>>   __start___ksymtab = .;	/* Kernel symbol table */
>>   __ksymtab : { *(__ksymtab) }
>>   __stop___ksymtab = .;
>>
>> I can find no equivalent lines for ppc in a stock 2.4.0-test5 source
>> tree yet ppc obviously defines them somewhere.  But where?
>
>I think they must be defined automagically by the linker.  They aren't
>defined explicitly anywhere but we still end up with a __ksymtab
>section with the __start___ksymtab and __stop___ksymtab symbols
>defined at the beginning and end of it.
>
>We can add those lines if you like, that's no problem.

Please add them.  It makes the ppc vmlinux.lds more consistent with the
other archs that support modules.

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/