Subject: Re[2]: [PATCH] katmai.dts: extend DMA ranges; add dma/sysace nodes

From: Yuri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:21:15 +0300

=0D=0A Hello Josh,

On Thursday, November 13, 2008 you wrote:

[snip]

> You have no compatible property in these 3 nodes.  How are drivers
> supposed to bind to them?

> You also have no reg or dcr-reg properties.  What exactly are these
> nodes for?

 Probably we (me and Ilya) overdone with posting katmai.dts-related=20
changes to ML, and duplicated the same patches in different posts.=20
Sorry for the confusion. These nodes are necessary for the ppc440spe=20
ADMA driver:

http://www.nabble.com/-PATCH-11-11--ppc440spe-adma:-ADMA-driver-for-PPC440S=
P(e)-td20488049.html

>> +             sysacecf@4fe000000 {
>> +                     compatible =3D "xlnx,opb-sysace-1.00.b";

> Odd.  This isn't a xilinx board by any means.  This should probably
> look something like:

>         compatible =3D "amcc,sysace-440spe", "xlnx,opb-sysace-1.00.b";

> Though I'm curious about it in general.  The xilinx bindings have the
> versioning numbers on them to match particular bit-streams in the FPGAs
> if I remember correctly.  Does that really apply here?

 No, we just selected the description which looked more appropriate=20
for our case: SysAce is connected to the External Bus Controller of=20
440SPe, which in turns is attached as a slave to OPB (on-chip=20
peripheral).

 Regards, Yuri

 --
 Yuri Tikhonov, Senior Software Engineer
 Emcraft Systems, www.emcraft.com