Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/1] determine last ext3 LBA to fix wild LBA reads - v2

From: Doug Maxey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 20:11:21 -0600

On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:09:16 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> >       tempb = (((unsigned long long) block) *
> >  	      ((unsigned long long)bs)) + (unsigned long long)doff;
> > +     if (tempb > dend) {
> > +	  DEBUG_F("\nSeek error on block %lx, tempb=%Lx\n", block, tempb >> 9);
> > +	  return EXT2_ET_LLSEEK_FAILED;
> > +     }
> > +
> 
> In the case where we don't pass a "part", dend is 0 no ? We should check
> this case and not apply the test...

well, I guess we should not test in that case.  (dend && tempb >> dend)
But that puts us back in the position of searching past the end of the 
disk.

On what system would we get here without having found a partition table?
Ext2 on a optical disk?

++doug