Subject: suspecting ibm_newemac driver problem.

From: suggest <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 02:33:17 -0800 (PST)

Hello All,

I am using ppc460ex based custom board.
using linux 2.6.30.2 kernel on this board it has ibm_newemac driver in it.

I am using this board as a iSCSI target which has RAID system behind it.

                                               ||
                                               ||                    ||                      
||
      n/w driver (ibm_newemac)    ||    n/w layer   ||    iSCSI Target  ||  
RAID
                                               ||                    ||                      
||

The problem i am facing is when i start iometer based i/o.
I am doing i/o with following specifications.

Workload type : All in one.
no of outstanding i/o : 32.
no of worker threads : 8.

With this kind of workload n/w stucks in between. and board becomes
unresponsive.
If i try to ping to the board then ping fails with 100% packet loss.

While debugging the issue i found out that
sock->sk_state_change callback is called from the TCP layer and state of the
socket is not TCP_ESTABLISHED in the iSCSI target driver.

So i am assuming that this is a problem related to n/w driver.

Did anyone faced similar kind of issue before? Please point me in right
direction.

Thanks and Regards,
Harshal Shete.
-- 
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/suspecting-ibm_newemac-driver-problem.-tp32788715p32788715.html
Sent from the linuxppc-dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.