Subject: Mounting Mac volume, music CD's

From: "Stephen D. Scotti, MD" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 23:04:04 -0800

I am a relative novice to Linux PPC.  I've had MkLinux running on a G3
PowerMac Minitower and I just installed PowerPC Linux Release 4 on the
G3.  It took a little while to get the system to boot.  I never did get
it to boot off a floppy.  However, Multibooter and BootX fixed my
problems.  I left the ramdisk.image.gz and vmlinux files in the system
folder to allow reinstalls.

The system works pretty well, but I still seem to be having trouble
using the CD (to play music CD's) and I can't seem to mount my Macintosh
partition.  The mac partition does show up in my directory listing but
it isn't in the fstab file and it doesn't seem to mount during boot up.
Any suggestions about troubleshooting these two problems.  On the good
side, I can connect to the internet with an ISDN modem (3Com Impact) and
Netscape seems to work just fine.  Any suggestions about where to find
additional Apps, etc. would be appreciated.  Can Linuxconf run on the
Mac?
--

Stephen D. Scotti, Maj, USAF, MC
Chief, Thoracic Imaging
David-Grant Medical Center
101 Bodin Circle
Travis AFB, CA 94535

707-423-7182 (Voice)
707-423-7207 (FAX)
-------------------------------------------------
Stephen D. Scotti, MD
809 Celestine Circle
Vacaville, CA 95687

707-455-7383 (Voice)
707-451-7661 (FAX)
-------------------------------------------------
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

http://members.castles.com/sscotti