Subject: Installing pre-R5

From: Mad Cow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 11:47:32 +0000

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Pre-R5 will not install, at least not on my 7600. Here are my
observations;

* You need to use a recent (ie >2.1.130) kernel with BootX to let the
keyboard work properly.

* The NFS install hangs after you give it the NFS server details. I
get a flashing white cursor on a black line at the bottom of the
screen. Unfortunately, my keyboard is without F-keys, so I can't get a
shell up to see what is going on here.

* The FTP install gets a little further. After reading the
supplimentary disk, it complains about some errors in base/comps
(packages not found). I continue regardless, selecting ``Install
Everything'', but it barfs reading the first rpm.

I take it only a local install works? I can't easily try this.

Cheers,

/.J

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list. Replies are ]]
[[ not forced back to the list, so be sure to  Cc linuxppc-dev  if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. To unsubscribe from linuxppc-dev, send ]]
[[ the message 'unsubscribe' to [email-masked] ]]