Subject: AtyFB problem solved -> should go into a FAQ or something

From: "Jens Ch. Restemeier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 09:20:21 +0100

Hi !

I solved my problems with atyfb (I hope): The cause for the blank/black
screen was not the driver, but the protection-mechanisms of the monitor
!

My 5500 has a built-in monitor, and I'm normally running vmode 13.
My "normal" boot looked like:

video=ofonly vmode=13

for atyfb I did

video=atyfb vmode=13

It looks like the vmode stuff has changed, because after writing

video=atyfb:vmode:13

it works ! 

Jens

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list. Replies are ]]
[[ not forced back to the list, so be sure to  Cc linuxppc-dev  if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. To unsubscribe from linuxppc-dev, send ]]
[[ the message 'unsubscribe' to [email-masked] ]]