Subject: Re: IBM providing Linux for RS6000

From: "Rick Ewing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 20:19:57 -0600

Published reports already say that IBM has been talking to the LinuxPPC guys
for a little while and will likely use their product for a demo an upcoming
trade show.  For IBM, if these guys are producing a good port, why reinvent
the wheel on an OS with little revenue potential? (In IBM's terms of dollars)

Rick Ewing

someguy wrote:

> >Will the fact that IBM is going to be providing it's own version going to
> >have any effects on the linuxppc development efforts?
> >
> >If so, will it be positive or negative?
>
> I thought IBM talked to J. Haas about getting LinuxPPC on the IBMs?
>
> justin

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list. Replies are ]]
[[ not forced back to the list, so be sure to  Cc linuxppc-dev  if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. To unsubscribe from linuxppc-dev, send ]]
[[ the message 'unsubscribe' to [email-masked] ]]