Subject: SMP DayStar nPOWER

From: Sacha Varma <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 11:21:18 +0100

I have a DayStar nPower dual 604e daughtercard (in a PowerComputing
PowerWave), for which it would appear there is currently no support in
the kernel.

How can I go about adding support for this?
Has anyone else attempted this and failed?
What tech specs do I need?
Is smp.c the only file that needs updating?
Is there a guide somewhere for adding support for MP boards?

I have no experience in this area, but think it would be a good way to
learn more about the kernel.

On a related note - I noticed a TotalImpact config option when building
the kernel; does this mean that TotalImpact boards are supported? (and
if so, what configurations?)

Ta,

Sacha.

--
sacha varma : system simulation ltd : [email-masked]

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list.  Replies are ]]
[[ not  forced  back  to the list, so be sure to Cc linuxppc-dev if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. Please check http://lists.linuxppc.org/ ]]
[[ and http://www.linuxppc.org/ for useful information before posting.   ]]