Subject: Re: AWACS Bug

From: Scott Sams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 18:00:36 -0400

Paul Mackerras <[email-masked]> wrote:

> What's happening is I think the same as what happens on the iMac: when
> you run the BootX app to boot linux, and it asks macos to shut down,
> macos shuts down the awacs, in such a fashion that the only thing that
> will start it up again is a hard reset. :-( 

I believe the same thing has happened on my box, although a hardware
reset has yet to fix the problem! :-<

Sound does not come out of either the internal speaker, or the line out
jack. Playing a .wav or a CD produces no sound. MacOS will not play any
sounds too. I have tried everything from hard resets to power cycling to
zapping the PRAM 3 times, and nothing has brought my sound back. Do any
of you hardware gurus out there know if it is possible to manually reset
the AWACS chip? Does this mean I fried my AWACS chip? How could I
replace it if necessary? Please help.

Thanks,

Scott Sams

-- 
 ____ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~      Scott Sams         
(____  _  _-|-|-                    [email-masked]      
_____)(__(_)| |        http://www.catt.ncsu.edu/~sbsams
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list.  Replies are ]]
[[ not  forced  back  to the list, so be sure to Cc linuxppc-dev if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. Please check http://lists.linuxppc.org/ ]]
[[ and http://www.linuxppc.org/ for useful information before posting.   ]]