Subject: Re: R5 on 7200 yet?

From: David Riley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 10:57:11 -0400

"P. Barrette" wrote:

> I have r4 with kernel 2.2.2 with vram patches and glibc1.99 patches, and I
> have been apprehensive about upgrading to r5.  But I've heard that r5 uses
> glibc6 as does the intel version RH (?), which makes me think that source
> will compile better with less  changes.  The other thing is that I have a
> blind OF machine, 7200, with no mac volumne.  Will r5 install nicely on
> this machine with the current OF settings?  Any tips or warnings about the
> 7200 would be appreciated.

A lot of people seem to be having problems with the 7200, especially with SCSI
(or so it would appear).  The CD drive seems to be dying on some people.
That's my warning.  It will install, eventually.

--
--"Your mouse has been moved.  Windows 95 must be restarted for change to take
effect."

[[ This message was sent via the linuxppc-dev mailing list.  Replies are ]]
[[ not  forced  back  to the list, so be sure to Cc linuxppc-dev if your ]]
[[ reply is of general interest. Please check http://lists.linuxppc.org/ ]]
[[ and http://www.linuxppc.org/ for useful information before posting.   ]]