Subject: Re: New booter-New world

From: David Riley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 07:46:09 -0400

Sean wrote:
> 
> Since the New World machines have a flashable ROM, why doesn't Apple
> just write a new flash ROM for MacOS X by writing a flash with
> bootloader on it that stores its information in the MBR or PRAM
> (multiple PRAM settings) or somewhere so they don't have to use the
> secret partition trick to get MacOS X to boot correctly. In the process,
> they might as well add an allowance so you can boot Linux or another
> alternative OS in the extra slots (multiple kernels, etc). And the
> ability to pick which OS you prefer to boot.

It's quite possible that this is being worked on, because I can't
imagine that Apple wants to do that thing with an HFS partition if they
don't have to.  They're not just lazy bums out there, ya know. ;-)  If
they are working on that, it's probably just undisclosed.

-- 
--"Your mouse has been moved.  Windows 95 must be restarted for change
to take effect."

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/