Subject: LinuxEmbedded: minimal network system packages.

From: Brendan Simon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:30:47 +1100

I've just managed to get LinuxPPC (embedded-2.2.5 kernel) to boot on my
custom MPC860 board using the initrd boot method.  I haven't got the
nfs-root working yet but I imagine this shouldn't present too many
problems.

I want to be able to run FTP (client only), HTTP server, SNMP agent and
TELNET server.
What packages do I need to compile (cross-compile) to get these working
?

Things I think I need are :
* init
* mount (do I NEED this ?)
* ifconfig (do I NEED this ?)
* inet
* ftp, http, snmp and telnet software.

Any pointers to documentation about getting a minimal embedded networked
system up and running.

Thanks,
Brendan Simon.

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/