Subject: Kernel debugging??

From: Andreas Tobler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 13:25:22 +0100

Is there a possibility to debug the kernel, especially in its very early
load stage?
Is xmon the right tool to do so?
My situation is a not booting 2.3.28 kernel. All I know is, that I pass
at least the prom_init(). After that the screen stays black with the
'Welcome to kernel 2.3.28' and a few messages about addresses I think.
And at the end it says 'booting... '
(On a PM7200 and a Wallstreet I)

Any experiences around?

Thanks

Andreas
-- 
| Andreas Tobler				
| CH-8004 Zuerich 							
| E-Mail: [email-masked]	| [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/