Subject: Re: IDE on MBX board

From: Dan Malek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 18:59:57 -0500

Cort Dougan wrote:

> .........  One of the big problems was tracking down
> the interrupt routing for IDE on the MBX.  If you check to see if you're
> getting any interrupts at all on the 8259 that may give you a good place to
> start.
> 
> I don't have an IDE drive for my MBX anymore but would like to have it
> working again.  Let me know if you want to work together on it.

I have a couple of projects over the next month or so (if the hardware
arrives :-) that include some kind of IDE disk interface.  They are not
PCI/ISA devices, rather unique hardware interfaces to the bus. I
also have the 8240/Sandpoint to finish, which currently has a similar
interrupt routing problem you mention above (integrated interrupt
controller with external 8259).  I also want the pcmcia-cs running
on the 8xx, which means we have to make IDE work there (and I think it
is still broken on the PowerBooks :-).

It appears there are enough of us to get it working, so let's just
keep in touch and post the progress.

	-- Dan

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/