Subject: Re: need suggestions

From: LiuTao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 16:34:05 +0800

Hi:

Dan Malek wrote:
> My approach is to actually port a Linux kernel to the 8xx board, which
I have a ADS8xx board and I downloaded kernel source mpc8xx-2.2.13.tgz
from ppc.kernel.org. Can you tell me how to port it to ADS8xx board and
make a bootrom of Linux?
I am a newbie, so please tell something in detail.
Thanks!

LiuTao

> is pretty easy these days for just the minimal network support, then
> slightly "customize" it (so it doesn't use _all_ of memory) and flash
> is using S-record download or BDM tools.  I then just use the Linux
> kernel with a TFTP application to do the job.  Just mmap() the unused
> memory for loading a new image, and modify the reboot to call a
> specific address rather than return to rom.
> 
>         -- Dan

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/