Subject: Re: *_find_end_of_memory Mach Dep?

From: Dan Malek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 17:31:34 -0500

Grant Erickson wrote:
> 
> Instead of having a mess of ifdef's and such in MMU_init for {apus, pmac,
> m8xx, oak, chrp, etc}_find_end_of_memory, is there any compelling reason
> not to make a ppc_md machine dependency entry for these?

I didn't see a mess of ifdef's.....in fact a ppc_md entry wouldn't
change the ifdef's, it would just remove a couple of lines of code
in MMU_init().

I put the ifdef's there originally to remove lots of code from the 8xx
port that isn't needed.  Perhaps with your 40x stuff we should consider
a more modular MMU_init() instead of the ifdef's, like creating multiple
mm/xxx_init.c files for the different MMU configurations (I can't believe
I said this, as I hate multiple files like this :-).

> If no one is in disagreement, I'd like to put a patch together for it.

Let's see what it looks like........

	-- Dan

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/