Subject: Re: Looking for the PPC gdb debug stubs

From: Dan Malek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 19:57:00 -0500

diekema_jon wrote:

>         Our initial hardware target is the EST SBC8260 board.

If there is anyone looking for Linux/PPC for the 8260, just
contact MontaVista software.

I still have a couple of minor things to finish (cache snooping
and some fast ethernet stuff) as personal challenge to help them.

I have decided to wait until the Rev A.0 silicon for the Linux/PPC
release, as I think there are just too many patches to make it
useful with older silicon.  MontaVista may decide otherwise.

I just wanted everyone to know that most of the work is done,
and if you are really, really serious about 8260 you should
contact them.  If you don't already have pre-A.0 silicon
soldered on a board you intend to ship, you are not really,
really serious and should probably contact Motorola (or Embedded
Planet).

	-- Dan

** Sent via the linuxppc-embedded mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/